We are seeking a Venue Manager to lead the Operations. The Venue Manager will report directly to the area management.
Please note: The candidate must currently reside in the UK and be able to work in the UK without sponsorship.
What You’ll Do:
The Venue Manager will be responsible for building our pre-opening team, and operations and will oversee all aspects of property management while delivering a best-in-class hospitality experience to clients and guests. You’ll play a key role in the success of Convene, through clear leadership and successful management of the venue, ensuring that annual business targets are met and the venue achieves consistently high levels of service standards and delivery.
The Venue Manager will oversee all aspects of Convene’s product offerings inclusive of meetings (hybrid and physical) reception & workplace amenity operations at Sancroft, as well as directing, implementing, and maintaining the service, AV/Technology, event operations, and culinary philosophy.
- Alongside the regional management, establish the strategic operating plan for Convene at Sancroft to achieve financial, and quality goals and survey scores.
- To understand and commit to the achievement of a successful operation, through the provision of high-level support to all the venue team.
- Oversee and coordinate the setup and execution of all functions with the Service, Event Operations, AV/Technology, Customer Success, and Culinary departments at either single locations or multi-unit complex locations.
- To ensure that all aspects of building management including health and safety, maintenance, and ‘continuous improvement’ are efficiently managed.
- To work closely with the regional sales team to implement a strategy for the development of existing and new businesses.
- To ensure the effective use of good commercial skills, through the ability to negotiate, sell and develop strong client relationships at all levels.
- To represent the venue at all local and corporate networking functions.
- Work with regional sales & revenue teams to ensure accuracy in Salesforce and strategic planning efforts to maximize space usage.
- Manage property payroll and ensure all property payroll reports are accurate prior to approval and that all employees are compensated properly for their time.
- To ensure that there is a highly motivated and effective team of employees who deliver consistently high standards within their level of expertise.
- Ensure the development and training of all new and existing staff is a primary focus at all times and that all HR systems are adhered to.
- To uphold the values of Investors in People, through the provision and evidence of good practice at all times.
- To be responsible for producing an annual business plan for the venue.
- To work closely with regional management to prepare, justify, and monitor all annual income and expenditure to meet the annual targets.
- To implement a prudent and efficient purchasing policy in line with the company guidelines.
- To ensure the effective implementation of the venue strategy and to support and contribute to the overall company initiatives.
- To undertake allocated projects associated with any short-medium term strategies of either a venue of a business-wide nature.
- To take a proactive and strategic approach to managing the venue.
What We Look For:
- Demonstrated ability to lead and develop other team members
- Experiencing leading an operations team
- Previous pre-opening operations experience advantageous
- Ability to work effectively with clients
- Flexible and long hours sometimes required
- Basic knowledge of Audio/Visual equipment setup and usage
- Willingness to roll up your sleeves and work alongside your team to get the job done
- Commitment to a high level of service delivery
- Eagerness to build a team from the ground up
Who We Are:
Convene is a premium hospitality company that designs and operates meeting, event, flexible office, and membership spaces. With a network of 38 locations across nine cities in the U.S. and UK, Convene thoughtfully combines beautiful yet intuitive design, fully-integrated technology services, and a warm and welcoming environment to create a turnkey solution for extraordinary meeting and work experiences. Founded in 2009 with the goal of bringing hospitality and lifestyle into traditional commercial real estate assets, Convene partners with the industry’s top landlords to deliver increased value to their assets and premium experiences to their tenants. The company counts Hudson’s Bay Company, Ares, and RXR Realty among its investors and has been named one of America’s 100 Most Promising Companies by Forbes and a Best Workplace by Inc. magazine, Fortune magazine, and Built In. Learn more at https://convene.com/
We’re Here For You:
At Convene, you’ll receive:
- Generous paid time off, including an extra day off for your birthday
- Participation in our pension scheme with contributions from Convene
- Professional development support
- Wellness subsidy to support your wellbeing
- Savings on bikes and equipment through Convene’s Cycle to Work programme
- A chance to be part of a dynamic, growing team
- The opportunity to have a significant impact on your team and the business in the work that you do
Convene is committed to building an inclusive and diverse workforce. We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and welcome people from all backgrounds, experiences, abilities and perspectives.