Senior Event Manager (etc.venues)
Please note: candidate must currently reside in the UK and be able to work in the UK without sponsorship.
What You’ll Do:
To manage and coordinate client requirements from confirmation to invoice in line with requirements of the Venue Operation and EBMS.
To maintain exceptional customer service, whilst providing general administrative support to the venue team.
- To act as the principle contact for your client during preparation and on the day.
- To attend and lead the weekly rota meetings in preparation for the following week and review feedback received
- To complete a structured, knowledgeable and concise client induction on Event Day.
- To have a strong visible presence throughout the venue and assist clients with any general requests such as photocopying, faxing, ordering taxis and any other reasonable requests
- To assist the F&B function as and when required.
- To ensure client and exhibitor materials are managed in line with Venue policy
Event and Office Administration
- Upon completion of Sales to Event handover, introduce yourself as the clients principle contact. Send over Key Client Information, AV Notes and F&B menus.
- To produce their respective events function sheet no later than Wednesday for an event that takes place the following Monday to Sunday.
- To record in line with Venue policy costs relating to commission, AV, couriers and other costs.
- To ensure final invoices are accurately completed within 24 hours of an event.
- To take on board comments during Sales to Events handover
- To recognise opportunities through conversations with your client to provide open minded ‘upsells’ for example branding, catering and AV opportunities
- To follow the venue sales strategy.
- To ensure cross-selling of other venues and services takes place at every opportunity.
What We Look For:
- System Knowledge (EBMS) to ensure correct management of clients requirements and invoicing
- Delivering excellent client relations to ensure client satisfaction
- To have a thorough understanding of room set ups and venue logistics
- Build and maintain excellent team relationships to deliver the best service
Who We Are:
etc.venues is an established leader in urban day conferencing with venues across the United Kingdom in London, Manchester, and Birmingham, and in the United States in New York City. The company was recently acquired by Convene, a premium hospitality company that designs and operates meeting, event, flexible office, and membership spaces, growing its global network to 39 locations across nine cities and creating the largest single provider of dedicated premium meeting and event venues in the U.S. and UK. Founded in 2009 with the goal of bringing hospitality and lifestyle into traditional commercial real estate assets, Convene partners with the industry’s top landlords to deliver increased value to their assets and premium experiences to their tenants. The company counts Ares and RXR Realty among its investors, and has been named one of America’s 100 Most Promising Companies by Forbes and a Best Workplace by Inc. magazine, Fortune magazine, and Built In. Learn more at https://convene.com/
We’re Here For You:
At Convene, you’ll receive:
- Internal and external training & development
- 25 days annual leave plus bank holidays, and company sick pay
- Subsidised fitness membership
- Interest-free loan for rail season tickets & further education
- Subsidised bicycle purchase through Cycle to Work scheme
- Employee wellbeing support and personal advice programme
- Subsidised eye care
- etc.venues Family lunch - fresh, healthy 'brain food' during your daily one-hour break
To view our job application privacy notice, please visit: https://www.etcvenues.co.uk/job-applicant-privacy-notice
Convene is committed to building an inclusive and diverse workforce. We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and welcome people from all backgrounds, experiences, abilities and perspectives.