Food and Beverage Supervisor (etc.venues)
Please note: candidate must currently reside in the UK and be able to work in the UK without sponsorship.
To be responsible for the management and delivery of all Food and Beverage operations for the venue with the aim to provide the highest level of client service within budget.
What You’ll Do:
- To deliver waiting service during service times in a professional and pleasant manner ensuring excellent client service at all times.
- To provide food and beverage services to meeting rooms and in the restaurant, cleaning and replenishing as appropriate.
- To set duties and daily plans on the rota.
- To ensure all catering areas are left clean and tidy as is reasonably practicable at all times and signing relevant duties off on appropriate cleaning schedules.
- To assist with washing up in the food services area and ensure catering equipment is kept clean and tidy, in accordance with Health & Safety.
- To adhere to company training programs and all related documents.
- To follow and support any reasonable request relevant to the position and the operations of the department.
- To ensure stock and stock levels are well maintained under the supervision of the Venue Manager.
- To order consumables, disposables and equipment in line with business levels.
- To take all possible steps to deliver first class client service at all times and in all circumstances.
- To ensure that all food and beverages are served on time.
- To maintain a happy and helpful manner and attitude throughout working hours.
Health and Safety:
- To carry out duties in accordance with all Health and Safety regulations and company best practice.
- To comply with etc venues and statutory regulations on grooming and personal hygiene standards.
- To wear the correct standard of dress or uniform at all times.
- To be available for staff briefings and company events including attendance at the company awayday.
- To be available for evening and weekend work where necessary.
- To undertake any reasonable requests for ad hoc duties by the venue team.
Management of Staff:
- To effectively manage all members of the food service team on a day to day basis and carry out performance reviews twice yearly, implementing training and development programmes.
- To be responsible for all recruitment, inductions and training of the Food services team.
- To prepare the weekly staff rota in accordance with business levels.
- To ensure high standards of appearance are maintained within the catering department.
- People management
- System Knowledge
- Serving food and drink
- Coffee Point Set up and Presentation
- Customer Service
- Higher Level Food service
- Hygiene / Health and Safety
What We Look For:
- Have worked in the hospitality industry for 2 years
- Team Leader experience
Who We Are:
etc.venues is an established leader in urban day conferencing with venues across the United Kingdom in London, Manchester, and Birmingham, and in the United States in New York City. The company was recently acquired by Convene, a premium hospitality company that designs and operates meeting, event, flexible office, and membership spaces, growing its global network to 39 locations across nine cities and creating the largest single provider of dedicated premium meeting and event venues in the U.S. and UK. Founded in 2009 with the goal of bringing hospitality and lifestyle into traditional commercial real estate assets, Convene partners with the industry’s top landlords to deliver increased value to their assets and premium experiences to their tenants. The company counts Ares and RXR Realty among its investors, and has been named one of America’s 100 Most Promising Companies by Forbes and a Best Workplace by Inc. magazine, Fortune magazine, and Built In. Learn more at https://convene.com/
We’re Here For You:
- Internal and external training & development
- 25 days annual leave plus bank holidays, and company sick pay
- Subsidised fitness membership
- Interest-free loan for rail season tickets & further education
- Subsidised bicycle purchase through Cycle to Work scheme
- Employee wellbeing support and personal advice programme
- Subsidised eye care
- etc.venues Family lunch - fresh, healthy 'brain food' during your daily one-hour break
To view our job application privacy notice, please visit: https://www.etcvenues.co.uk/job-applicant-privacy-notice
Convene is committed to building an inclusive and diverse workforce. We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and welcome people from all backgrounds, experiences, abilities and perspectives.