Event Coordinator (etc.venues)
Please note: candidate must currently reside in the UK and be able to work in the UK without sponsorship.
To provide a professional registration and welcome service throughout the day and act as client liaison for all trainers and delegates. To co-ordinate and collate all relevant forthcoming events information and maintain exceptional customer service, whilst providing general administrative support to the venue team.
What You’ll Do:
- To provide a helpful morning registration service, welcoming and registering clients, trainers and delegates.
- To give an introduction of the building to all trainers, distribute evaluation forms and direct/escort them to their rooms.
- To have a strong visible presence throughout the venue and assist clients with any general requests such as photocopying, faxing, ordering taxis and any other reasonable requests
- To handle customer complaints
- To communicate customer comments and compliments to the venue team
- To ensure reception is kept tidy throughout the day, including updating marketing materials, making sure they are displayed correctly and to company standard.
- To build relationships with trainers and delegates alike ensuring all client preferences are recorded and recognised with the aim of giving exceptional client care.
Event and Office Administration
- To follow up with clients to gain information for forthcoming bookings
- To correctly produce the weekly operational rota on time
- To attend and lead the weekly rota meetings in preparation for the following week and review feedback received
- To lead daily rota/operations meetings to discuss final preparations for the current/following day
- To ensure that all information is communicated concisely to the catering and facilities teams
- To ensure all changes to events are recorded fro invoicing purposes.
- To answer the phone, sort out the post, take and deliver messages to staff and clients and order stationary.
- To compile delegate lists, prepare room and notice board signs, collect and distribute evaluation forms
- Input evaluation form info into in-house database
- Check and update venue information as required
- To assist with availability enquires and chasing of provisionally held bookings
- To follow up new enquiries ensuring brochures have been sent out and have been received by clients as requested
- To assist with the preparation of sales invoices
- To ensure cross-selling of other venues and services takes place at every opportunity.
What We Look For:
- System Knowledge (EBMS) to ensure correct management of clients requirements and invoicing
- Delivering excellent client relations to ensure client satisfaction
- To have a thorough understanding of room set ups and venue logistics
- Build and maintain excellent team relationships to deliver the best service
Who We Are:
etc.venues is an established leader in urban day conferencing with venues across the United Kingdom in London, Manchester, and Birmingham, and in the United States in New York City. The company was recently acquired by Convene, a premium hospitality company that designs and operates meeting, event, flexible office, and membership spaces, growing its global network to 39 locations across nine cities and creating the largest single provider of dedicated premium meeting and event venues in the U.S. and UK. Founded in 2009 with the goal of bringing hospitality and lifestyle into traditional commercial real estate assets, Convene partners with the industry’s top landlords to deliver increased value to their assets and premium experiences to their tenants. The company counts Ares and RXR Realty among its investors, and has been named one of America’s 100 Most Promising Companies by Forbes and a Best Workplace by Inc. magazine, Fortune magazine, and Built In. Learn more at https://convene.com/
We’re Here For You:
- Internal and external training & development
- 25 days annual leave plus bank holidays, and company sick pay
- Subsidised fitness membership
- Interest-free loan for rail season tickets & further education
- Subsidised bicycle purchase through Cycle to Work scheme
- Employee wellbeing support and personal advice programme
- Subsidised eye care
- etc.venues Family lunch - fresh, healthy 'brain food' during your daily one-hour break
To view our job application privacy notice, please visit: https://www.etcvenues.co.uk/job-applicant-privacy-notice
Convene is committed to building an inclusive and diverse workforce. We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and welcome people from all backgrounds, experiences, abilities and perspectives.