Convene is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer and we believe that diverse teams are the best teams. We live our values of GRIT (Genuine, Relentless, Integrity & Teamwork) and strive to create an inclusive and equitable workplace where everyone can be their true selves, where we all show up for each other. In line with our goal to be 1% better every day, we are committed to listening, learning, growing and improving. We welcome applicants from all backgrounds, experiences, abilities and perspectives to join us on this journey.
Convene is looking for a Sales Executive to join Convene’s Sales team! In this role, you will be responsible for growing the Convene brand, developing business relationships, and driving revenue across all properties in the Convene portfolio, in alignment with the company growth strategy, with a focus on NYC. We need someone who can effectively uncover new opportunities, engage with our clients, and build meaningful relationships. The Sales Executive will report to the Director of Sales.
What You’ll Do:
- Maintain extensive knowledge of Convene products and locations while building the brand locally
- Conduct and coordinate thorough site inspections, virtual tours and demos, client appointments
- Discover new local meeting and event decision-makers, maintain and grow current and prospective clients and referral partners
- Rapidly respond to all client inquiries and other communication
- Generate, negotiate, and close agreements to client specifications while adhering to internal pricing guidelines
- Maintain thorough knowledge of competitive set and relationships with counterparts
- Attend trade shows, receptions, and informational sessions to prospect for new business
- Reach and exceed budgeted goals per month and year
What We Look For:
- 1 - 2 + years high volume Corporate Event & Meetings Sales experience in the New York City market
- Ability to work quickly and flexibly
- Growth company DNA: building and scaling are in your bones
- Alignment with Convene’s core values: genuine, relentless, integrity, and teamwork (GRIT)
The above job definition information has been designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performed by employees within this classification. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities, and qualifications required of employees assigned to this job. Job duties and responsibilities are subject to change based on changing business needs and conditions.
Salary Min: $70,000 Salary Max: $80,000
This role is also eligible for Convene's sales commission program.
This information reflects the anticipated base salary range for this position based on current national data. Minimums and maximums may vary based on location. Individual pay is based on skills, experience and other relevant factors.
Who We Are:
Convene is a premium hospitality company that designs and operates meeting, event, flexible office, and membership spaces. With a network of 38 locations across nine cities in the U.S. and UK, Convene thoughtfully combines beautiful yet intuitive design, fully-integrated technology services, and a warm and welcoming environment to create a turnkey solution for extraordinary meeting and work experiences. Founded in 2009 with the goal of bringing hospitality and lifestyle into traditional commercial real estate assets, Convene partners with the industry’s top landlords to deliver increased value to their assets and premium experiences to their tenants. The company counts Hudson’s Bay Company, Ares, and RXR Realty among its investors and has been named one of America’s 100 Most Promising Companies by Forbes and a Best Workplace by Inc. magazine, Fortune magazine, and Built In. Learn more at https://convene.com/
We’re Here For You:
At Convene, you’ll receive:
- Excellent health coverage for you and your family starting day one
- Medical and insurance navigation support through Eden Health
- Flexible vacation time plus time off for your birthday
- A Holiday closure each year to allow all employees to unplug and recharge
- 401K plan with company matching
- Professional development support
- A chance to be part of a dynamic, growing team
- The opportunity to have a significant impact on your team and the business in the work that you do
- A culture of GRIT (Genuine, Relentless, Integrity and Teamwork)