General Manager (F&B/Events)
Convene is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer and we believe that diverse teams are the best teams. We live our values of GRIT (Genuine, Relentless, Integrity & Teamwork) and strive to create an inclusive and equitable workplace where everyone can be their true selves, where we all show up for each other. In line with our goal to be 1% better every day, we are committed to listening, learning, growing and improving. We welcome applicants from all backgrounds, experiences, abilities and perspectives to join us on this journey.
We're seeking a General Manager to join our Operations team. The General Manager will report directly to the Area Director of Operations.
What You’ll Do:
The General Manager oversees all aspects of the Location/Property Management at either a single-unit or multi-unit complexed locations in accordance with Convene’s vision, mission, and values including our core principles.
The General Manager is responsible for all aspects of the conference, workplace, and/or amenity operations at the designated Convene location. The General Manager will direct, implement, and maintain the Service, AV/Technology, Event Operations, and Culinary philosophy which serves as a guide to respective staff to ensure 100% client satisfaction.
- Comply with Convene standards and protocols to deliver a premium hospitality experience
- Effectively communicate via verbal and written correspondence with all levels of employees and clients; exhibiting GRIT in all interactions
- Work dynamically and prioritize departmental functions to meet deadlines
- Approach all encounters with guests and employees in an attentive, friendly, courteous, and service-oriented manner
- Oversee and coordinate the setup and execution of all functions with the Service, Production, Technology, Workplace, and Culinary departments at either single locations or multi-unit complexed locations
- Coach, mentor, and develop all levels of employees at your location(s)
- Maximize efforts toward productivity by identifying problem areas and implementing solutions
- Responsible for overseeing the Property teams including hiring, staffing, scheduling, training, payroll, and conducting performance reviews following Convene standards
- Ensure and maintain the cleanliness and physical state of all conference, workplace, and/or amenity spaces
- Attend and run meetings following Convene meeting cadence, running efficient and productive agendas. Oversee daily and weekly PEO meetings as well as weekly staff meetings
- Responsible for controlling and maintaining all service equipment, communicating with facilities management and outside vendors to ensure all equipment remains in working order.
- Create and maintain positive relationships with building management
- Work with sales manager and other conference planning managers to ensure the accuracy of Salesforce
- Develop client relationships to ensure a successful event
- Oversee Production, Technology, and Workplace team and ensure proper planning, upselling, detailing proper room blocks, and professional communication to clients
- Build relationships with all local competitors and surrounding businesses
- Work closely with Sales, Revenue, Finance, and Corp Ops on monthly P&L review, monthly forecasting, and during the annual budget process
- Responsible for driving impactful financial decisions that positively impact the monthly P&L results and present out through Monthly, Quarterly, and Year End Operational Reporting
- Working cross-functionally throughout the organization to create and execute strategic planning for the betterment of the operation
- Confirm that all payroll reports are accurate before approval and that all employees are compensated properly for their time
What We Look For:
- Minimum 3 years experience in hospitality, including previous supervisory experience
- Ability to lead, and develop other team members
- Ability to work effectively with clients
- Flexible and long hours sometimes required
- Ability to move, lift, carry, push, pull, and place objects up to 25 pounds without assistance
- Ability to reach overhead and below the knees, including bending, twisting, pulling, and stooping
- Ability to stand, sit, or walk for an extended period of time
The above job definition information has been designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performed by employees within this classification. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities, and qualifications required of employees assigned to this job. Job duties and responsibilities are subject to change based on changing business needs and conditions.
Salary Min: $100,000 Salary Max: $110,000
This role is also eligible for Convene's annual incentive performance bonus plan.
This information reflects the anticipated base salary range for this position based on current national data. Minimums and maximums may vary based on location. Individual pay is based on skills, experience and other relevant factors.
Who We Are:
Convene is a premium hospitality company that designs and operates meeting, event, flexible office, and membership spaces. With a network of 38 locations across nine cities in the U.S. and UK, Convene thoughtfully combines beautiful yet intuitive design, fully-integrated technology services, and a warm and welcoming environment to create a turnkey solution for extraordinary meeting and work experiences. Founded in 2009 with the goal of bringing hospitality and lifestyle into traditional commercial real estate assets, Convene partners with the industry’s top landlords to deliver increased value to their assets and premium experiences to their tenants. The company counts Hudson’s Bay Company, Ares, and RXR Realty among its investors and has been named one of America’s 100 Most Promising Companies by Forbes and a Best Workplace by Inc. magazine, Fortune magazine, and Built In. Learn more at https://convene.com/
We’re Here For You:
At Convene, you’ll receive:
- Excellent health coverage for you and your family starting day one
- Medical and insurance navigation support through Eden Health
- Flexible vacation time plus time off for your birthday
- A Holiday closure each year to allow all employees to unplug and recharge
- 401K plan with company matching
- Professional development support
- A chance to be part of a dynamic, growing team
- The opportunity to have a significant impact on your team and the business in the work that you do
- A culture of GRIT (Genuine, Relentless, Integrity and Teamwork)