Director of Digital Product
Convene is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer and we believe that diverse teams are the best teams. We live our values of GRIT (Genuine, Relentless, Integrity & Teamwork) and strive to create an inclusive and equitable workplace where everyone can be their true selves, where we all show up for each other. In line with our goal to be 1% better every day, we are committed to listening, learning, growing and improving. We welcome applicants from all backgrounds, experiences, abilities and perspectives to join us on this journey.
We’re seeking a Director of Digital Product to lead our Product team and report directly to the Chief Technology Officer. Candidates must reside in either the New York City, NY metro area or in the London, UK metropolitan area.
What You’ll Do:
We’re looking for a data-driven digital Product Management leader, who understands the flexible office and corporate events markets. This role will be responsible for driving Convene’s digital product strategy across our portfolio. This opportunity is suited for someone who excels in user experience, digital technology in the built environment, empathy, data-driven decision making and an overall understanding of back end functionality.
- Work autonomously across the business to recognize, pursue, and execute opportunities to raise the bar on the Convene product experience while taking into account our changing world
- Work as part of the Convene product team as an expert on maintaining a healthy backlog, working with engineers, the development team, coaching on managing stakeholder expectations and have a good understanding of our users
- Focus on developing Convene’s products, with a strong bias towards the on-site and online digital experiences
- Inspire the organization to work in a data-driven way and use as a tool to drive prioritization
- Be the internal and external evangelist for the product vision
- Develop metrics and goals to measure success
- Collaborate closely with Convene’s marketing team to ensure alignment and full execution
- Respond well to change and adapt to priorities appropriately
- Inspire team to rapidly iterate and evolve to meet the rapidly evolving market; as a coach inspire the team to practice great product management skills, help navigate tough situations and identify growth paths
- Understand the operational backend and tooling that allows for product development initiatives to occur and appropriately flag when underlying systems may need to change
What We Look For:
- Substantial Product Management experience related to B2B SaaS products
- Experience with building cutting edge content management systems that unlock important front-end customizations
- Previous experience building Product and Design job functions, processes, and teams
- Experience working in an agile development environment and working iteratively towards long-term goals
- Passionate about design, aptitude for search, obsession with delightful user experience, and ability to bridge the online and offline world
- World class product vision, strategy, planning, development, and execution
- Strong analytical, data, and troubleshooting skills
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Creative problem solver. Able to identify real obstacles and viable solutions
- Outcome-oriented. Not reactionary, articulates the desired outcome and works collaboratively to create a path to achieve it
- Deep understanding of technical architecture for complex and highly scalable web and mobile applications
- Ability to quickly absorb technical concepts and effectively simplify and communicate them to a non-technical audience
- Experience with Salesforce, a plus
The above job definition information has been designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performed by employees within this classification. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities, and qualifications required of employees assigned to this job. Job duties and responsibilities are subject to change based on changing business needs and conditions.
Salary Min: $175,000 Salary Max: $195,000
This role is also eligible for Convene's annual incentive performance bonus plan.
This information reflects the anticipated base salary range for this position based on current national data. Minimums and maximums may vary based on location. Individual pay is based on skills, experience and other relevant factors.
Who We Are:
Convene is a premium hospitality company that designs and operates meeting, event, flexible office, and membership spaces. With a network of 38 locations across nine cities in the U.S. and UK, Convene thoughtfully combines beautiful yet intuitive design, fully-integrated technology services, and a warm and welcoming environment to create a turnkey solution for extraordinary meeting and work experiences. Founded in 2009 with the goal of bringing hospitality and lifestyle into traditional commercial real estate assets, Convene partners with the industry’s top landlords to deliver increased value to their assets and premium experiences to their tenants. The company counts Hudson’s Bay Company, Ares, and RXR Realty among its investors and has been named one of America’s 100 Most Promising Companies by Forbes and a Best Workplace by Inc. magazine, Fortune magazine, and Built In. Learn more at https://convene.com/
We’re Here For You:
At Convene, you’ll receive:
- Excellent health coverage for you and your family starting day one
- Medical and insurance navigation support through Eden Health
- Flexible vacation time plus time off for your birthday
- A Holiday closure each year to allow all employees to unplug and recharge
- 401K plan with company matching
- Professional development support
- A chance to be part of a dynamic, growing team
- The opportunity to have a significant impact on your team and the business in the work that you do
- A culture of GRIT (Genuine, Relentless, Integrity and Teamwork)