Learning & Development Coordinator
Convene is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer and we believe that diverse teams are the best teams. We live our values of GRIT (Genuine, Relentless, Integrity & Teamwork) and strive to create an inclusive and equitable workplace where everyone can be their true selves, where we all show up for each other. In line with our goal to be 1% better every day, we are committed to listening, learning, growing and improving. We welcome applicants from all backgrounds, experiences, abilities and perspectives to join us on this journey.
We’re seeking a Learning & Development Coordinator to join our People & Culture Team. The Learning & Development Coordinator role is based in New York City and will work onsite across our existing portfolio of New York locations.
What You’ll Do:
As Learning & Development Coordinator, you will play a crucial role in fostering a culture of continuous learning and development. You will be responsible for supporting new hire onboarding, learning management system administration, and coordinating learning programs, including on-the-job training and certification. Your efforts will contribute to the professional growth and success of our team members.
New Hire Onboarding:
- Collaborate with the People & Culture team and hiring managers to ensure a seamless and comprehensive new hire onboarding process.
- Assist in the creation and maintenance of onboarding materials, including training content, checklists, and resources.
- Conduct orientation sessions for new employees, introducing them to company culture, policies, systems, and expectations.
Learning Management System (LMS) Administration:
- Administer the company's LMS (Litmos), including user account management, content creation, and reporting.
- Ensure all training materials and content are up-to-date and readily accessible for employees.
- Provide technical support and training to employees and managers on LMS usage.
Learning Program Coordination:
- Work with subject matter experts to assist with the design, development, and delivery of learning programs, including on-the-job training.
- Coordinate training sessions, workshops, and certification assessments, both in-person and online.
- Monitor and evaluate the effectiveness of learning programs, gathering feedback and making improvements as needed.
- Provide ongoing support and resources for employees to enhance their skills and knowledge in their roles.
- Offer guidance and solutions for individuals seeking additional development opportunities, including our many internal growth and mobility programs.
Compliance and Documentation:
- Ensure that all training programs and onboarding processes comply with relevant industry standards and regulations.
- Maintain accurate records of employee training, certifications, and compliance.
Collaboration and Communication:
- Collaborate with cross-functional teams, including P&C, department heads, and external training providers.
- Communicate training schedules, updates, and opportunities effectively to all employees.
What We Look For:
- You embrace change as the only constant and enjoy being in a high-growth environment that is rapidly scaling. You can move quickly and are energized by the need to adapt plans to meet evolving business needs.
- Excellent communication, relationship building and interpersonal skills.
- Proven experience in learning and development, preferably in a coordination or administrative role.
- Familiarity with learning management systems and e-learning platforms.
- Strong organizational skills with the ability to manage multiple tasks and priorities.
- Attention to detail and a commitment to delivering high-quality training programs.
- Ability to work both independently and as part of a team.
- Proficiency in Google Workspace Suite and other relevant software applications.
- People-focused: the successful candidate will enjoy working on-site 3-4 days per week and thrives in meeting new people and helping teammates connect to one another.
Salary Min: $70,000 Salary Max: $75,000
This role is also eligible for Convene's annual incentive performance bonus plan.
This information reflects the anticipated base salary range for this position based on current national data. Minimums and maximums may vary based on location. Individual pay is based on skills, experience and other relevant factors.
Who We Are:
Convene is a premium hospitality company that designs and operates meeting, event, flexible office, and membership spaces. With a network of 38 locations across nine cities in the U.S. and UK, Convene thoughtfully combines beautiful yet intuitive design, fully-integrated technology services, and a warm and welcoming environment to create a turnkey solution for extraordinary meeting and work experiences. Founded in 2009 with the goal of bringing hospitality and lifestyle into traditional commercial real estate assets, Convene partners with the industry’s top landlords to deliver increased value to their assets and premium experiences to their tenants. The company counts Hudson’s Bay Company, Ares, and RXR Realty among its investors and has been named one of America’s 100 Most Promising Companies by Forbes and a Best Workplace by Inc. magazine, Fortune magazine, and Built In. Learn more at https://convene.com/
We’re Here For You:
At Convene, you’ll receive:
- Excellent health coverage for you and your family starting day one
- Medical and insurance navigation support through Eden Health
- Flexible vacation time plus time off for your birthday
- A Holiday closure each year to allow all employees to unplug and recharge
- 401K plan with company matching
- Professional development support
- A chance to be part of a dynamic, growing team
- The opportunity to have a significant impact on your team and the business in the work that you do
- A culture of GRIT (Genuine, Relentless, Integrity and Teamwork)