AV Support Engineer
We are seeking an AV Support Engineer to join our AV Engineering team at Convene in the UK. The AV Support Engineer will report to the AV Systems Manager.
Please note: candidates must currently reside in the UK and be able to work in the UK without sponsorship.
What You’ll Do:
We are seeking an AV Support Engineer to join the AV Systems/AV Support team at Convene. As a hybrid remote/in-person role, the AV Support Engineer will be tasked with routine and critical support of worldwide AV systems within the Convene portfolio. This position reports to the AV Systems Manager and collaborates within the AV Engineering department in our efforts to troubleshoot and maintain, research and develop, and commission and certify the company’s integrated AV systems.
The ideal candidate for the position will have working experience and functional knowledge of integrated AV systems, including video distribution and control systems. Knowledge of live event audio/video operation fundamentals is desired, but not a prerequisite. A keen interest in developing or honing AV integration programming skills (audio DSP, Acoustic Echo Cancellation, Crestron control systems, etc) is highly beneficial.
This position is responsible for managing their own remote/in-person work orders through our internal ticketing system, which may be either voluntarily claimed by the AV Support Engineer or directly assigned by the AV Systems Manager. The AV Support Engineer will remain in frequent communication with senior engineering and operations staff members, including reporting results, asking questions, raising new issues, relaying costs/scheduling/instructions to staff members or external vendors, and/or completing additional tasks as required. The AV Support Engineer will occasionally need to supervise third-party AV integration workers on-site and will be expected to understand and perform internal Quality Assurance procedures to ensure proper completion of external work orders and new property openings when applicable.
- Maintain up-to-date knowledge of Convene’s integrated AV Systems and the commercial AV industry at large
- Work closely with AV Engineering staff and on-site AV Operations team members to ensure systems are maintained and operational with as little disruption as possible
- Responsible for responding in a timely manner with a hospitality-focused disposition to assigned support tickets on our internal ticketing system, and maintaining the same professional mindset when assigned to AV support tasks in person as needed
What We Look For:
- Minimum 1-3 years of experience as an AV Installer/Technician for integrated systems
- CTS Certification Ideal
- Professional interest and experience in AV Control Systems, Digital Signal Processors (DSPs), and AV over IP (AVoIP) technologies; Crestron, Biamp, Extron, and Cisco training/certifications are ideal, for example:
- Knowledge of testing, troubleshooting, and Quality Assurance/commissioning of integrated AV systems
- Fundamental knowledge of Networking and topology of networks as relates to AV (IP Addresses, VLANs, IGMP, etc)
- Ability to visualize and describe a “signal path” of audio, video, control, and networking
- Experience operating or troubleshooting audio soundboard mixers, such as Yamaha TF3
- Working understanding i.e. “good ears” for recognizing issues with gain, EQs, filters, AEC
- Working understanding i.e. “good eyes” for recognizing small, subtle issues with AV wiring
- Proficiency with Mac and Windows operating systems
- Learn and execute AV Engineering processes and requirements, such as correct labeling of support tickets, creating/organizing/relaying status of long-term projects on Jira kanban board, and certifying correct completion of work orders by external integrated AV companies
- Working knowledge and experience in any and all of the following:
- Working experience in AV installation tasks, such as:
- Ability to navigate AV software to download/upload AV Code
- Ability to travel up and down the ladder repeatedly during the course of a day
- Ability to lift 50 lbs
- Ability to lift and install product overhead in the ceiling
- Visual acuity to terminate cables
- Service and Hospitality-focused mindset
- Some travel required
Who We Are:
Convene is a premium hospitality company that designs and operates meeting, event, flexible office, and membership spaces. With a network of 38 locations across nine cities in the U.S. and UK, Convene thoughtfully combines beautiful yet intuitive design, fully-integrated technology services, and a warm and welcoming environment to create a turnkey solution for extraordinary meeting and work experiences. Founded in 2009 with the goal of bringing hospitality and lifestyle into traditional commercial real estate assets, Convene partners with the industry’s top landlords to deliver increased value to their assets and premium experiences to their tenants. The company counts Hudson’s Bay Company, Ares, and RXR Realty among its investors and has been named one of America’s 100 Most Promising Companies by Forbes and a Best Workplace by Inc. magazine, Fortune magazine, and Built In. Learn more at https://convene.com/
We’re Here For You:
At Convene, you’ll receive:
- Generous paid time off, including an extra day off for your birthday
- Participation in our pension scheme with contributions from Convene
- Professional development support
- Wellness subsidy to support your wellbeing
- Savings on bikes and equipment through Convene’s Cycle to Work programme
- A chance to be part of a dynamic, growing team
- The opportunity to have a significant impact on your team and the business in the work that you do
Convene is committed to building an inclusive and diverse workforce. We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and welcome people from all backgrounds, experiences, abilities and perspectives.