Event Manager (etc.venues)
Please note: candidate must currently reside in the UK and be able to work in the UK without sponsorship.
To enthusiastically manage the venue team to ensure that clients consistently receive outstanding service and events and functions are managed effectively and professionally. To be a passionate, committed, hands on member of the venue management team who is pro-active and takes ownership.
What You’ll Do:
- To ensure the delivery of the highest standard of customer service at all times through effective management of the venue team as well as a hands on, leading by example approach
- To act as Duty Manager in the absence of the Operations/Venue Manager
- To build effective relationships with clients and delegates and act as the main point of contact for event organisers both before and on the day
- To ensure that client feedback is recorded and responded to – with the approval of the Operations Manager and used to improve client service where required.
- To maintain a system of review for all events to ensure that improvements are continually made and details amended for future business
- To carry out client show rounds for pre-booked events and participate in show rounds with the sales team where appropriate offering logistical advice
- To ensure that up-selling of all services takes place at every opportunity and manage the monthly upsell tracker
- To become familiar with the venue’s annual business plan in order to help the venue team to achieve the relevant goals laid out in the plan.
- To ensure all Trainers and Organisers receive a full meet and greet each Morning
- To be responsible for opening the Venue and ensuring all rooms are set to the clients requirements ready for their arrival
- To take full ownership of the Events team and oversee staff rotas to ensure adequate staffing levels at all times.
- Be wholly responsible for reception and arrival experience.
- To carry out every twice-yearly appraisals with direct reports and provide training and development plans. To ensure that all direct reports follow HR procedures with their staff
- To be responsible, through the event co-ordinators, for ensuring that all preparations for the weekly rota meetings are met within the given time frame and communication in terms of changes/updates is maintained throughout the team at all times
- To check the rota thoroughly prior to distribution and ensure that all information has been translated accurately and concisely
- To host the daily catering numbers and weekly rota meetings, ensuring all departments are communicated to
- To ensure that at all times all relevant communication is filtered down to reporting staff and up to management
- To ensure that all logistics in respect of Key Accounts are communicated to all departments as and when required.
- To ensure supplier relationships are built and maintained
- To ensure all details are inputted into the EBMS system to ensure client requirements are recorded for future bookings
- To ensure all client invoices are accurate and completed by 11am daily and by 11am on Tuesday for the Week prior.
- Checking of agency commissions and client invoice queries
- Coding up and authorising of all purchase ledger invoices relating to the venue
- Managing suppliers of client and venue stationary while keeping within the allocated budget.
- Allocation of events to the coordinators.
- Take ownership of diary management – communicating any ‘danger days’ to the rest of the Team ensuring that resolutions are given and also communicating any room changes to the sales team.
- End of month and delegate days.
- To conduct regular venue walk rounds recording all maintenance issues.
- To assist with the operational set up and launch of the venue
- To be available for staff briefings and company events
- To be available for weekend and evening work where required
- To deal with the performance management of staff
- Carry out any reasonable request by the senior management team
What We Look For:
- System Knowledge (EBMS) to ensure correct management of clients requirements and invoicing
- Delivering excellent client relations to ensure client satisfaction
- To have a thorough understanding of room management, building management, AV and IT.
- Build and maintain an excellent team to deliver the best service
Who We Are:
etc.venues is an established leader in urban day conferencing with venues across the United Kingdom in London, Manchester, and Birmingham, and in the United States in New York City. The company was recently acquired by Convene, a premium hospitality company that designs and operates meeting, event, flexible office, and membership spaces, growing its global network to 39 locations across nine cities and creating the largest single provider of dedicated premium meeting and event venues in the U.S. and UK. Founded in 2009 with the goal of bringing hospitality and lifestyle into traditional commercial real estate assets, Convene partners with the industry’s top landlords to deliver increased value to their assets and premium experiences to their tenants. The company counts Ares and RXR Realty among its investors, and has been named one of America’s 100 Most Promising Companies by Forbes and a Best Workplace by Inc. magazine, Fortune magazine, and Built In. Learn more at https://convene.com/
We’re Here For You:
At Convene, you’ll receive:
- Internal and external training & development
- 25 days annual leave plus bank holidays, and company sick pay
- Subsidised fitness membership
- Interest-free loan for rail season tickets & further education
- Subsidised bicycle purchase through Cycle to Work scheme
- Employee wellbeing support and personal advice programme
- Subsidised eye care
- etc.venues Family lunch - fresh, healthy 'brain food' during your daily one-hour break
To view our job application privacy notice, please visit: https://www.etcvenues.co.uk/job-applicant-privacy-notice
Convene is committed to building an inclusive and diverse workforce. We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and welcome people from all backgrounds, experiences, abilities and perspectives.