We are seeking a Head Chef to join our Culinary team. The Head Chef will report directly to the Venue Manager and will be a critical leader of our opening team.
Please note: The candidate must currently reside in the UK and be able to work in the UK without sponsorship.
What You’ll Do:
The Head Chef requires experience in high-volume environments with a focus on presentation and event-style catering. As the opening Head Chef, you will be responsible for the maintenance of budgeted food cost, ordering, menu development, food safety management system development, and inventory.
- Launch Convene’s culinary program in the UK, including the development of menus, integrating local and seasonal elements, and setting up vendor and purchasing partnerships.
- Maintain high health and safety standards, including cleaning, kitchen maintenance, pest control, waste management protocols, and all related team training.
- Partner with the US-based Operations team to develop Convene’s culinary presence in the UK.
- Act as a hands-on and enthusiastic coach-centric leader for the culinary team. Act in partnership with the operations team to deliver a best-in-class client experience.
- Oversee all aspects of the kitchen including hiring and training, safety & sanitation, adherence to local regulations, equipment maintenance, and incorporation of sustainability best practices.
- Oversee labor management and scheduling for your team, including departmental payroll.
- Develop a strong working relationship with building management.
What We Look For:
- Proven experience hiring and leading culinary teams
- High-end and high-volume event experience
- Hands-on chef experience
- Comprehensive knowledge of food and catering trends with a focus on quality, production, sanitation, food cost controls, and presentation
- Must be experienced with computers, including Outlook, G-suite, etc.
- Flexibility and willingness to ensure a successful property launch and ongoing operation
Who We Are:
Convene is a premium hospitality company that designs and operates meeting, event, flexible office, and membership spaces. With a network of 38 locations across nine cities in the U.S. and UK, Convene thoughtfully combines beautiful yet intuitive design, fully-integrated technology services, and a warm and welcoming environment to create a turnkey solution for extraordinary meeting and work experiences. Founded in 2009 with the goal of bringing hospitality and lifestyle into traditional commercial real estate assets, Convene partners with the industry’s top landlords to deliver increased value to their assets and premium experiences to their tenants. The company counts Hudson’s Bay Company, Ares, and RXR Realty among its investors and has been named one of America’s 100 Most Promising Companies by Forbes and a Best Workplace by Inc. magazine, Fortune magazine, and Built In. Learn more at https://convene.com/
We’re Here For You:
At Convene, you’ll receive:
- Generous paid time off, including an extra day off for your birthday
- Participation in our pension scheme with contributions from Convene
- Professional development support
- Wellness subsidy to support your wellbeing
- Savings on bikes and equipment through Convene’s Cycle to Work programme
- A chance to be part of a dynamic, growing team
- The opportunity to have a significant impact on your team and the business in the work that you do
Convene is committed to building an inclusive and diverse workforce. We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and welcome people from all backgrounds, experiences, abilities and perspectives.