Audio Visual Production Manager
We’re seeking an AV Production Manager to join our Technology team. The AV Production Manager will report directly to the Venue Manager.
Please note: The candidate must currently reside in the UK and be able to work in the UK without sponsorship.
What You’ll Do:
The AV Production Manager is responsible for the planning and coordination of customer AV and technology requirements for our hybrid and physical events. Our events range in scope from small boardroom meetings with basic connectivity to full-scale production AV experiences, including hybrid-enabled meetings.
In this role, you will oversee all events for one or more Convene locations. You will interact directly with customers to define their requirements, propose solutions, enter data into our Salesforce, and ensure information is communicated to the onsite AV Operations Manager for day-of execution. The AV Production Manager will work closely with our AV Sales Engineering team to take any pre-contracted technology requests and work with the customer to further detail their needs. The AV Production Manager will also work closely with Event Operations Managers to ensure all customer needs are met before they arrive on site. An ideal candidate will be proficient in all modern audio-video event technology, including audio mixers/microphones, video switchers, display technologies, video conferencing, and live streaming, and have proficiency in basic networking concepts.
The AV Production Manager is responsible for:
- Working cross-functionally across one or more locations to ensure all customer needs are met in a timely manner.
- Input data into Salesforce to track technology requirements ensuring all items are billed accordingly.
- Update and provide quotes to customers as needed.
- Organize and collect customer assets and data to pass on to the AV Operations team for day-of execution.
- Work closely with the AV Operations team to execute on client needs, problem solving where necessary.
- Assigning tasks and tracking multiple projects within a ClickUp, a project management tool.
- Able to maintain multiple simultaneous project timelines.
- Manage equipment inventory and availability.
- Work on-site as needed to support high-touch events and provide coverage is required.
- Provide genuine anticipatory customer service by establishing good working relationships with Convene team members, departments, and vendors.
- Develop and maintain positive relationships with clients and assist with any reasonable requests during programs.
- Interact with the sales team to ensure a thorough understanding of the client experience with Convene prior to the start of their meeting/event.
- Attend Production Event Order, Pre-Con, and pre-production meetings as needed.
- Provide a consultative approach to technology sales for client programs.
- Ensure that booking guidelines are followed, and that all leaders are maximizing space and revenue through audits and the weekly program execution order meetings.
- Prepare and follow-up on all sales quotes using revenue maximization techniques in accordance with Convene standard operating procedures.
- Assist in any areas of daily operation.
Responsible for Training & Development:
- Cross-train in other functions as needed.
- Assist with developing healthy employee relations climate, including employee motivation and coaching across multiple properties.
- Participate in collaborative project efforts with both the technology team and other departments.
- Interview and hire prospective candidates for all positions in the department using targeted selection.
- Stay current on industry trends in special events/meetings through benchmarking, trade publications, competitive shopping, and special event conferences.
- Review all departmental SOPs on a quarterly basis and update as needed.
- Completion of weekly/monthly status reports.
- Maintain and uphold Convene’s cultural standards.
- Perform other duties as requested by management.
- Show initiative and drive to solve problems.
- Portray a polished, professional image according to Convene dress code standards.
What We Look For:
- 6+ years’ experience in managing AV and IT equipment and computer software systems.
- Customer service and hospitality experience preferred.
- Experience in the basic installation, configuration, operation, and administration of operating systems, applications and hardware for Macs, PCs, LANs, servers.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office and Apple iWorks suite of business applications.
- Experience with CRM applications.
- Flexible, long, and weekend hours are sometimes required.
- Ability to move, lift, carry, push, pull, and place objects up to 25 pounds without assistance.
- Ability to stand, sit, or walk for an extended period of time.
- Ability to climb and work on a ladder for lengthy periods of time.
Equipment & Technical Qualifications
- Audio: 4-48 channel analog/digital mixers, wireless microphone lavaliers and handhelds, push-to-talk microphone systems, audio recorders
- Video: Switchers, projectors, LCD displays, LED Video Walls
- Lighting: Knowledge of Lighting Maps, lighting concepts, and lighting best practices, familiarity with rigging.
- IT: Wi-Fi troubleshooting, connecting hardline internet, Knowledge of DHCP/Static IP addressing, operating, other collaboration tools and equipment
- Hybrid: Familiarity with virtual meeting and event platform functions as well as live streaming technologies including cameras, encoders, and lighting.
- Control: Familiarity with Crestron control systems and associated hardware
Who We Are:
Convene is a premium hospitality company that designs and operates meeting, event, flexible office, and membership spaces. With a network of 38 locations across nine cities in the U.S. and UK, Convene thoughtfully combines beautiful yet intuitive design, fully-integrated technology services, and a warm and welcoming environment to create a turnkey solution for extraordinary meeting and work experiences. Founded in 2009 with the goal of bringing hospitality and lifestyle into traditional commercial real estate assets, Convene partners with the industry’s top landlords to deliver increased value to their assets and premium experiences to their tenants. The company counts Hudson’s Bay Company, Ares, and RXR Realty among its investors and has been named one of America’s 100 Most Promising Companies by Forbes and a Best Workplace by Inc. magazine, Fortune magazine, and Built In. Learn more at https://convene.com/
We’re Here For You:
At Convene, you’ll receive:
- Generous paid time off, including an extra day off for your birthday
- Participation in our pension scheme with contributions from Convene
- Professional development support
- Wellness subsidy to support your wellbeing
- Savings on bikes and equipment through Convene’s Cycle to Work programme
- A chance to be part of a dynamic, growing team
- The opportunity to have a significant impact on your team and the business in the work that you do
Convene is committed to building an inclusive and diverse workforce. We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and welcome people from all backgrounds, experiences, abilities and perspectives.