Convene is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer and we believe that diverse teams are the best teams. We live our values of GRIT (Genuine, Relentless, Integrity & Teamwork) and strive to create an inclusive and equitable workplace where everyone can be their true selves, where we all show up for each other. In line with our goal to be 1% better every day, we are committed to listening, learning, growing and improving. We welcome applicants from all backgrounds, experiences, abilities and perspectives to join us on this journey.
We're seeking a Hospitality Coordinator to join our Operations team. The Hospitality Coordinator will report directly to the General Manager.
What You’ll Do:
The Hospitality Coordinator supports many aspects of the meetings, workplace and studio offerings at dedicated locations in accordance with Convene’s vision, mission and values including our core principles.
- Greet and welcome all guests upon entry into a Convene property; approach all encounters with guests and employees in an attentive, friendly, courteous and service-oriented manner
- Check in guests with proxyclick and show reception/nourish area
- Problem solve requests at welcome desk and escalate inquiries as needed
- Liaison with Operations Team along with WorkPlace Members (if applicable); assist with Robin (Room Booking) reservations, catering orders, building requests (badges, tickets, work orders), sort/deliver mail & packages
- Effectively communicate via verbal and written correspondence with all level of employees and clients; exhibiting GRIT in all interactions
- Keep Welcome Desk and coat room clean/organized; responsible for badge printing and stocking of materials
- Escort meetings guests when needed
- Orchestrate and set-up Surprise & Delights for WP Members and/or Site Tours
- Develop and maintain positive client relationships
- Assist Service Manager and Chef with scheduling and administrative responsibilities
- Create and maintain positive relationships with building management and landlord partners
- Order office supplies
- Manage lost and found
- Assist with service execution; set-up and breakdown, support during peak periods
- Assist with coordination for setup and execution of all functions with the Service, Production, Technology, Customer Success and Culinary departments
- Work dynamically and prioritize departmental functions to meet deadlines
- Comply with Convene standards and regulations to encourage healthy, safe and efficient operations in adherence to best practices and requirements from DOH, FDNY, OSHA, CDC and local guidelines, etc.
- Ensure Standard Operating Procedures and Brand Standards are being adhered to and support any updates accordingly when applicable
- Basic knowledge of Audio/Visual equipment set up and usage
- Platform use in: Salesforce WXM Portal, ProxyClick, Envoy, GoParrot, Square, Robin, ZenDesk, Microsoft (*Word, Powerpoint, Excel)
What We Look For:
- Minimum 2 years’ experience in hospitality
- Ability to work effectively with clients
- Flexible and long hours sometimes required
- Ability to move, lift, carry, push, pull and place objects up to 25 pounds without assistance
- Ability to reach overhead and below the knees, including bending, twisting, pulling, and stooping
- Ability to stand, sit, or walk for an extended period of time
The above job definition information has been designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performed by employees within this classification. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities, and qualifications required of employees assigned to this job. Job duties and responsibilities are subject to change based on changing business needs and conditions.
Full-Time Hourly Rate: $31.25
This role is also eligible for Convene's annual incentive performance bonus plan.
This information reflects the anticipated base salary range for this position based on current national data. Minimums and maximums may vary based on location. Individual pay is based on skills, experience, and other relevant factors.
Who We Are:
Convene is a premium hospitality company that designs and operates meeting, event, flexible office, and membership spaces. With a network of 38 locations across nine cities in the U.S. and UK, Convene thoughtfully combines beautiful yet intuitive design, fully-integrated technology services, and a warm and welcoming environment to create a turnkey solution for extraordinary meeting and work experiences. Founded in 2009 with the goal of bringing hospitality and lifestyle into traditional commercial real estate assets, Convene partners with the industry’s top landlords to deliver increased value to their assets and premium experiences to their tenants. The company counts Hudson’s Bay Company, Ares, and RXR Realty among its investors and has been named one of America’s 100 Most Promising Companies by Forbes and a Best Workplace by Inc. magazine, Fortune magazine, and Built In. Learn more at https://convene.com/
We’re Here For You:
At Convene, you’ll receive:
- Excellent health coverage for you and your family starting day one
- Medical and insurance navigation support through Eden Health
- Flexible vacation time plus time off for your birthday
- A Holiday closure each year to allow all employees to unplug and recharge
- 401K plan with company matching
- Professional development support
- A chance to be part of a dynamic, growing team
- The opportunity to have a significant impact on your team and the business in the work that you do
- A culture of GRIT (Genuine, Relentless, Integrity and Teamwork)