Convene is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer and we believe that diverse teams are the best teams. We live our values of GRIT (Genuine, Relentless, Integrity & Teamwork) and strive to create an inclusive and equitable workplace where everyone can be their true selves, where we all show up for each other. In line with our goal to be 1% better every day, we are committed to listening, learning, growing and improving. We welcome applicants from all backgrounds, experiences, abilities and perspectives to join us on this journey.
Convene is seeking a Line Cook to join our Culinary Team who has a strong passion for food, culinary technique, and is eager to learn more and build on their skills in a high-end setting. The ideal candidate is friendly, curious, and dedicated to becoming an integral member of a team that values hard work and attention to detail. This position works as part of a robust operations team and reports directly to the Executive Chef.
Our employees carry out our Core Values every day: Genuine, Relentless, Integrity, and Teamwork.
This full time role pays $21/hour with overtime eligibility.
What You’ll Do:
As a Cook, you will be responsible for preparing, cooking, and serving daily menu items to the clients in Convene locations. Cooks carry out all responsibilities while maintaining food handling, safety and sanitation standards.
- Effectively participate in our professionally run daily food service exemplifying excellence in portioning, cooking, timing, plate assembly, and communication
- Prepare, cook, and serve items, while adhering to the recipes and ensuring high quality and visual presentation of food
- Prepare and deliver catering orders that are placed for our meeting and event clients with precision and punctuality
- Assist other associates to ensure all kitchen duties are completed within the given time constraints
- Ensure all proper steps of service are followed in accordance with Convene standards
- Responsible for constant sanitation, organization and proper food handling
What We Look For:
- Minimum 1 year Cook experience in a related role
- Strong cooking and knife skills required
- Positive and enthusiastic approach to all assignments
- Ability to work well with others and have good communication skills
- Cheerful, presentable, and helpful when dealing with customers
- Flexible and long hours are sometimes required; rotating work schedule that may include nights and weekends
- Move, lift, carry, push, pull and place objects weighing less than or equal to 25 pounds without assistance
- Reach overhead and below the knees, including bending, twisting, pulling, and stooping
- Ability to stand, sit, or walk for an extended period of time
The above job definition information has been designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performed by employees within this classification. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities, and qualifications required of employees assigned to this job. Job duties and responsibilities are subject to change based on changing business needs and conditions.
Full Time Hourly Rate: $21.00/hour
This role is also eligible for Convene's annual incentive performance bonus plan.
This information reflects the anticipated base salary range for this position based on current national data. Minimums and maximums may vary based on location. Individual pay is based on skills, experience and other relevant factors.
Who We Are:
Convene is a premium hospitality company that designs and operates meeting, event, flexible office, and membership spaces. With a network of 38 locations across nine cities in the U.S. and UK, Convene thoughtfully combines beautiful yet intuitive design, fully-integrated technology services, and a warm and welcoming environment to create a turnkey solution for extraordinary meeting and work experiences. Founded in 2009 with the goal of bringing hospitality and lifestyle into traditional commercial real estate assets, Convene partners with the industry’s top landlords to deliver increased value to their assets and premium experiences to their tenants. The company counts Hudson’s Bay Company, Ares, and RXR Realty among its investors and has been named one of America’s 100 Most Promising Companies by Forbes and a Best Workplace by Inc. magazine, Fortune magazine, and Built In. Learn more at https://convene.com/
We’re Here For You:
At Convene, you’ll receive:
- Excellent health coverage for you and your family starting day one
- Medical and insurance navigation support through Eden Health
- Flexible vacation time plus time off for your birthday
- A Holiday closure each year to allow all employees to unplug and recharge
- 401K plan with company matching
- Professional development support
- A chance to be part of a dynamic, growing team
- The opportunity to have a significant impact on your team and the business in the work that you do
- A culture of GRIT (Genuine, Relentless, Integrity and Teamwork)