Convene is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer and we believe that diverse teams are the best teams. We live our values of GRIT (Genuine, Relentless, Integrity & Teamwork) and strive to create an inclusive and equitable workplace where everyone can be their true selves, where we all show up for each other. In line with our goal to be 1% better every day, we are committed to listening, learning, growing and improving. We welcome applicants from all backgrounds, experiences, abilities and perspectives to join us on this journey.
We’re seeking a Cafe Attendant to join our Café Team at our 530 5th Avenue property. The Cafe Attendant will report directly to the Café Manager.
What You’ll Do:
The Cafe Attendant is responsible for serving all products with friendly, individualized attention towards each customer. They are also responsible for educating customers about our premium food & beverage offerings. The Attendant fulfills any other duties the Café Manager assigns, and represents a professional manner.
- Ensures that all customers are educated on our products and services.
- Maintains the highest quality, consistent product standards, elevated service.
- Follows all Company beverage recipes and procedures.
- Passes monthly re-certifications in a timely manner.
- Develops an understanding of coffee and tea regions and the various differences in flavor and blends.
- Curates weekly beverage specials and collaborates with onsite team to thoughtfully pair specials with programming.
- Proficiently prepares espresso and tea beverages.
- Greets all customers with fast, friendly, personalized service and develops a rapport with
customers by learning their names, favorite drinks and food items.
- Verbally receives and calls back customer orders in a friendly manner.
- Reports all customer complaints to manager on duty.
- Responds proactively to prevent customer service situations.
- Full knowledge of coffee and food menu required.
- Accurately rings sales orders into Point of Sale system and completes each transaction efficently.
- Answers customer questions regarding coffee beverage preparation, and menu item preparation and ingredients.
- Weighs, grinds and packs coffee per customers’ orders according to Company guidelines.
- Sells and serves baked goods and miscellaneous food items to customers.
- Displays and restocks all food items for customers to purchase.
- Maintains efficient, friendly service.
- Restocks paper goods and other miscellaneous service items as needed.
- Routinely cleans the bar area, floor, windows and grinders, and takes out trash, etc.
- Delivers food orders to coinciding table and customer, while maintaining steps of service standards.
- Works closely with Culinary team to ensure food orders are being delivered in a timely manner.
- Completes side work as assigned and as necessary.
- Assists in the distribution of weekly shipments.
- Responsible for bussing, maintaining and cleaning common areas and shared meeting rooms within Cafe area.
- Reports potential safety hazards to the manager on duty.
- Reports all employee accidents to the manager on duty.
- Informs the manager on duty of any operational inconsistencies.
What We Look For:
- Maintains positive company morale and professional attitude
- Excellent verbal and written skills
- Well-organized and detail-oriented
- Regularly required to lift and/or move items up to 30 pounds
- Must be able to adjust vision to both day and night lighting and be able to focus on distant and close-range projects
- Regularly required to handle food and hot beverages
- Strong Coffee Knowledge – ability to train and develop peers
The above job definition information has been designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performed by employees within this classification. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities, and qualifications required of employees assigned to this job. Job duties and responsibilities are subject to change based on changing business needs and conditions.
Full Time Hourly Rate: $21.00
This role is also eligible for Convene's annual incentive performance bonus plan.
This information reflects the anticipated base salary range for this position based on current national data. Minimums and maximums may vary based on location. Individual pay is based on skills, experience and other relevant factors.
Who We Are:
Convene is a premium hospitality company that designs and operates meeting, event, flexible office, and membership spaces. With a network of 38 locations across nine cities in the U.S. and UK, Convene thoughtfully combines beautiful yet intuitive design, fully-integrated technology services, and a warm and welcoming environment to create a turnkey solution for extraordinary meeting and work experiences. Founded in 2009 with the goal of bringing hospitality and lifestyle into traditional commercial real estate assets, Convene partners with the industry’s top landlords to deliver increased value to their assets and premium experiences to their tenants. The company counts Hudson’s Bay Company, Ares, and RXR Realty among its investors and has been named one of America’s 100 Most Promising Companies by Forbes and a Best Workplace by Inc. magazine, Fortune magazine, and Built In. Learn more at https://convene.com/
We’re Here For You:
At Convene, you’ll receive:
- Excellent health coverage for you and your family starting day one
- Medical and insurance navigation support through Eden Health
- Flexible vacation time plus time off for your birthday
- A Holiday closure each year to allow all employees to unplug and recharge
- 401K plan with company matching
- Professional development support
- A chance to be part of a dynamic, growing team
- The opportunity to have a significant impact on your team and the business in the work that you do
- A culture of GRIT (Genuine, Relentless, Integrity and Teamwork)