Director of Demand Generation
Convene is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer and we believe that diverse teams are the best teams. We live our values of GRIT (Genuine, Relentless, Integrity & Teamwork) and strive to create an inclusive and equitable workplace where everyone can be their true selves, where we all show up for each other. In line with our goal to be 1% better every day, we are committed to listening, learning, growing and improving. We welcome applicants from all backgrounds, experiences, abilities and perspectives to join us on this journey.
We are seeking a Director of Demand Generation to join our Marketing team. The Director of Demand Generation will report directly to the Chief Marketing Officer.
What You’ll Do: We are looking for a data-driven, Demand Generation leader to drive pipeline and new customer growth. By optimizing Convene’s paid marketing spend across our portfolio of brands, designing and deploying database segmentation and targeting strategies, leveraging on-property activations, and directing the actions of the performance marketing agency, this role will be responsible for driving qualified opportunities and finding customers that have a high propensity to convert. The Director of Demand Generation will be someone who understands the customer journey through both qualitative and quantitative means, and designs strategies and tactics to drive growth.
The demand generation marketing team works proactively with the corporate marketing team as well as their regional commercial counterparts to drive awareness and bring our portfolio of Convene brands and specific products and solutions to life.
- Develop and execute multi-channel campaigns and account-based-marketing initiatives to drive qualified pipeline and new customers across all products and all regions globally.
Leverage multiple channels and program tactics to drive pipeline, including but not limited to: digital (SEM, SEO, email, paid acquisition, retargeting, CTV, etc) and on-property campaigns, events and activations.
- Work with sales and business development to develop the strategy and playbook for ABM; ensure clear swimlanes and tactics between teams, and analyze results to optimize future strategies.
- Manage placements on listing platforms globally (i.e. CVENT, CoStar, Hubli, etc) - both organic and paid - to drive qualified leads for Convene at the best possible ROI.
- Monitor and communicate campaign performance and ROI, and recommend optimizations to improve performance across products, regions, and properties.
- Using targeted segmentation and messaging strategies, develop and execute nurture programs, maintain and grow the contact database, and continually identify areas for improvement.
- Own the CRM strategy and calendar in partnership with the regional teams.
- Write emails, subject lines, marketing copy, and associated materials that drive action (as needed).
- Optimize web content and experience for higher organic search rankings, inbound search traffic, and conversions.
- Manage relationships with relevant external vendors and partners as needed.
- Collaborate with internal teams such as sales, product, and commercial operations to align demand generation goals with overall business objectives.
- Stay current on industry trends, best practices, and emerging technologies in demand generation to continually improve campaigns and results.
How You Will Do It:
- Outstanding Analytical Skills: You have experience interpreting data and deriving impactful insights. You recognize the power of both qualitative and quantitative data. You are able to prioritize initiatives, measure results, and iterate when necessary to drive qualified pipeline and new business.
- Sense of Ownership: You possess a bias for action and show pride in your work. You are both a self-starter and a team leader who can prioritize activities for maximum impact.
- Leadership, Collaboration & Influence: You think “team first” with the ability to work cross-functionally. You lead by example.
- Desire to Win: You are proactive and energetic, constantly thinking of ways to positively impact the business, our clients and employees.
What We Look For:
- Proven experience in multi-channel digital marketing strategies, including SEM/PPC, ABM, SEO, social, email, content marketing, and conversion rate optimization
- 7-10+ years minimum experience in demand generation and performance marketing with demonstrated pipeline, new customer acquisition and revenue growth success
- Strong knowledge of Salesforce and HubSpot or equivalent
- Comfort with a fast paced, dynamic environment
- Exceptional written and presentation skills
- Exceptional budget and ROI management
- International (UK and Europe) experience a plus
The above job definition information has been designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performed by employees within this classification. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities, and qualifications required of employees assigned to this job. Job duties and responsibilities are subject to change based on changing business needs and conditions.
Salary Min: $140,000 Salary Max: $155,000
This role is also eligible for Convene's annual incentive performance bonus plan.
This information reflects the anticipated base salary range for this position based on current national data. Minimums and maximums may vary based on location. Individual pay is based on skills, experience and other relevant factors.
Who We Are:
Convene is a premium hospitality company that designs and operates meeting, event, flexible office, and membership spaces. With a network of 38 locations across nine cities in the U.S. and UK, Convene thoughtfully combines beautiful yet intuitive design, fully-integrated technology services, and a warm and welcoming environment to create a turnkey solution for extraordinary meeting and work experiences. Founded in 2009 with the goal of bringing hospitality and lifestyle into traditional commercial real estate assets, Convene partners with the industry’s top landlords to deliver increased value to their assets and premium experiences to their tenants. The company counts Hudson’s Bay Company, Ares, and RXR Realty among its investors and has been named one of America’s 100 Most Promising Companies by Forbes and a Best Workplace by Inc. magazine, Fortune magazine, and Built In. Learn more at https://convene.com/
We’re Here For You:
At Convene, you’ll receive:
- Excellent health coverage for you and your family starting day one
- Medical and insurance navigation support through Eden Health
- Flexible vacation time plus time off for your birthday
- A Holiday closure each year to allow all employees to unplug and recharge
- 401K plan with company matching
- Professional development support
- A chance to be part of a dynamic, growing team
- The opportunity to have a significant impact on your team and the business in the work that you do
- A culture of GRIT (Genuine, Relentless, Integrity and Teamwork)