Facilities Supervisor (Birmingham, etc.venues)
Please note: candidate must currently reside in the UK and be able to work in the UK without sponsorship.
This is an excellent opportunity for an hands-on, quality-focussed Facilities Supervisor who will have first line responsibility for the delivery to the highest standards of client care by creating a clean, safe and comfortable environment at all times.
What You’ll Do:
Facilities & Operations:
- To ensure that all maintenance checks are being carried out throughout the venue on a daily basis.
- To ensure that all faults and maintenance issues are logged via the correct channels.
- To carry out minor reactive maintenance tasks.
- To monitor the work of external contractors, obtaining quotes, scheduling and agreeing and following up visit dates.
- Support the Venue Manager with monitoring and co-ordinating planned maintenance activities.
- To be responsible for controlling all room temperatures through the Trend 963 BMS.
- To be responsible for waste removal from the venue ensuring that recycling targets are exceeded on a monthly basis.
- To ensure that security procedures are adhered to, particularly in respect to the closing down the venue each day.
- To manage key access both externally and internally within the venue.
- To make sure that an inventory of equipment and furniture is maintained.
- Check the venue is on a day- to-day basis to ensure fully prepared for the following day.
- Ensure bathrooms on Floors 1 & 2 are checked at regular intervals throughout the day and deficiencies reported to Landlord.
Health & Safety:
- To represent the venue as a health and safety officer/fire officer ensuring that all mandatory checks/ fire alarm tests and evacuation drills are carried out as per the safety regulations.
- To support the Venue Manager in ensuring all statutory procedures are carried out and documentation is kept up to date
- To support the Operations Manager with all relevant Risk Assessments including Fire, HACCP, and COSHH.
- To manage the H&S Standardised Documentation ensuring all records and certification are in date.
- To develop a good working relationship with both internal and Landlord contractors.
- To support the Central Sales Team working from the Birmingham venue office.
- To support the Venue Manager in ensuring that meeting rooms are set up as required and to a high standard for all events taking place within the venue.
- To ensure effective communication with Venue Manager in respect of client services.
- To be available for staff updates and company events.
- To be available for weekend and evening work where necessary.
- Effective opening and closing of the venue.
- And any other reasonable ad-hoc request made by the Venue Manager or Director of Operations
What We Look For:
- Experience within a client facing role
- GCSE Maths and English (or equivalent)
- Microsoft Office including Word and Excel
- Working knowledge of Statutory Health and Safety Legislation (desirable)
Who We Are:
etc.venues is an established leader in urban day conferencing with venues across the United Kingdom in London, Manchester, and Birmingham, and in the United States in New York City. The company was recently acquired by Convene, a premium hospitality company that designs and operates meeting, event, flexible office, and membership spaces, growing its global network to 39 locations across nine cities and creating the largest single provider of dedicated premium meeting and event venues in the U.S. and UK. Founded in 2009 with the goal of bringing hospitality and lifestyle into traditional commercial real estate assets, Convene partners with the industry’s top landlords to deliver increased value to their assets and premium experiences to their tenants. The company counts Ares and RXR Realty among its investors, and has been named one of America’s 100 Most Promising Companies by Forbes and a Best Workplace by Inc. magazine, Fortune magazine, and Built In. Learn more at https://convene.com/
We’re Here For You:
- Internal and external training & development
- 25 days annual leave plus bank holidays, and company sick pay
- Subsidised fitness membership
- Interest-free loan for rail season tickets & further education
- Subsidised bicycle purchase through Cycle to Work scheme
- Employee wellbeing support and personal advice programme
- Subsidised eye care
- etc.venues Family lunch - fresh, healthy 'brain food' during your daily one-hour break
To view our job application privacy notice, please visit: https://www.etcvenues.co.uk/job-applicant-privacy-notice
Convene is committed to building an inclusive and diverse workforce. We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and welcome people from all backgrounds, experiences, abilities and perspectives.