Content Marketing Manager
Convene is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer and we believe that diverse teams are the best teams. We live our values of GRIT (Genuine, Relentless, Integrity & Teamwork) and strive to create an inclusive and equitable workplace where everyone can be their true selves, where we all show up for each other. In line with our goal to be 1% better every day, we are committed to listening, learning, growing and improving. We welcome applicants from all backgrounds, experiences, abilities and perspectives to join us on this journey.
Convene is searching for a strategic and creative Content Marketing Manager to join our growing Corporate Marketing team.
What You’ll Do:
The Content Marketing Manager will work closely with other Corporate Marketing counterparts such as Creative, Product Marketing, Public Relations, Demand Generation, and Regional Marketing and will report directly to the VP of Corporate Marketing.
The Corporate Marketing team is a centralized function that is responsible for the creation and execution of core marketing assets that support Convene as a global brand and its specific products and solutions within its brand portfolio (Convene Meetings and Events, Convene WorkPlace Worksuites, Convene Community Membership, Saksworks by Convene, and etc. venues). This team is responsible for fabricating the narrative that brings the Convene portfolio of brands to life!
This person will create and execute a thoughtful Content Marketing strategy that generates awareness of the Convene brand and engages our audience. They will create content for a variety of owned and paid channels and platforms including the Convene website, social media, email, and other forms of digital and print media.
Note: This is a hybrid role, but candidates must be within commuting distance of NYC with an expectation of being in person as needed for 2-3 days per week.
- Serve as the key Marketing point of contact for all global Content Marketing efforts and initiatives
- Create annual, quarterly, and monthly content marketing strategies that align with the commercial goals of the business
- Create and direct the creation of content marketing assets by working closely with your strategic marketing partners and freelance or agency support
- Measure the results of marketing activity to inform future marketing campaigns
- Become a subject matter expert on Convene’s brand, sub-brands, products, value proposition, and differentiators
- Actively participate in key cross-functional meetings
- Assist in establishing new processes and SOPs for the Content Marketing function and other cross-functional disciplines
Key Projects & Priorities Include:
- Generating prolific content and asset creation processes and strategies that
- Drive traffic and engagement that translates to brand promotion and product interest
- Optimize content considering SEO and Google Analytics (in partnership with Demand Generation)
- This person knows and understands which platforms different kinds of content are best suited for
- Develop processes and best practices that support the content marketing function
- i.e. SOPs, editorial calendar, deadline, and completion tracking
- Contribute to and oversee the creation of general Brand, property/market, and industry-specific material
- i.e. blog articles, e-books, testimonials, social posts, newsletters, videos, and other relevant media
Day-to-day Tasks Include:
- Collaborate with design and writing teams (internal and external) to produce high-quality content on a regular basis
- Edit, proofread, and improve the content
- Generate thorough creative briefs
- Analyze and report on web traffic and engagement metrics
- Manage the content marketing budget
- Share content through various channels, ensuring a strong web presence
- Disseminate content marketing assets and efforts across the business (largely focusing on arming and enabling our sales team)
What We Look For:
- Experience in Content Marketing, Communications, and/or a complementary field required; ideally within B2B or B2C field
- This person is a self-starter, who is committed to the success of the business and the team and is comfortable managing multiple projects.
- Outstanding project management, copywriting, and communication skills
- Willingness to become a subject matter expert
- You are relentless in the execution of tasks and strive for team success
- You are proactive and energetic, constantly thinking of ways to positively and significantly affect the business
- You possess strong organizational and time management skills
- You are forward-looking, never complacent with the status quo
- You’re not afraid to fail and readily learn from your mistakes
Is a Plus:
- Hospitality or Real Estate Experience
- Comfortable working in Adobe Suite (Primarily InDesign & AdobeIllustrator) and Google Suite (Google Drive & Google Slides)
The above job definition information has been designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performed by employees within this classification. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities, and qualifications required of employees assigned to this job. Job duties and responsibilities are subject to change based on changing business needs and conditions.
Salary Min: $75,000 Salary Max: $90,000
This role is also eligible for Convene's annual incentive performance bonus plan.
This information reflects the anticipated base salary range for this position based on current national data. Minimums and maximums may vary based on location. Individual pay is based on skills, experience and other relevant factors.
Who We Are:
Convene is a premium hospitality company that designs and operates meeting, event, flexible office, and membership spaces. With a network of 38 locations across nine cities in the U.S. and UK, Convene thoughtfully combines beautiful yet intuitive design, fully-integrated technology services, and a warm and welcoming environment to create a turnkey solution for extraordinary meeting and work experiences. Founded in 2009 with the goal of bringing hospitality and lifestyle into traditional commercial real estate assets, Convene partners with the industry’s top landlords to deliver increased value to their assets and premium experiences to their tenants. The company counts Hudson’s Bay Company, Ares, and RXR Realty among its investors and has been named one of America’s 100 Most Promising Companies by Forbes and a Best Workplace by Inc. magazine, Fortune magazine, and Built In. Learn more at https://convene.com/
We’re Here For You:
At Convene, you’ll receive:
- Excellent health coverage for you and your family starting day one
- Medical and insurance navigation support through Eden Health
- Flexible vacation time plus time off for your birthday
- A Holiday closure each year to allow all employees to unplug and recharge
- 401K plan with company matching
- Professional development support
- A chance to be part of a dynamic, growing team
- The opportunity to have a significant impact on your team and the business in the work that you do
- A culture of GRIT (Genuine, Relentless, Integrity and Teamwork)