Manager, Regional Marketing - East
Convene is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer and we believe that diverse teams are the best teams. We live our values of GRIT (Genuine, Relentless, Integrity & Teamwork) and strive to create an inclusive and equitable workplace where everyone can be their true selves, where we all show up for each other. In line with our goal to be 1% better every day, we are committed to listening, learning, growing and improving. We welcome applicants from all backgrounds, experiences, abilities and perspectives to join us on this journey.
We are seeking a Regional Marketing Manager to join our Marketing team. The Regional Marketing Manager will report directly to the VP of Regional Marketing.
What You’ll Do:
The Regional Marketing Manager is responsible for supporting national and local marketing efforts inclusive of writing the local marketing strategy, executing it and working with the local operations, sales, and revenue teams to optimize it throughout the year.
This person will also work closely with the Corporate Marketing team, the Demand Generation team, with local property, and operations teams regarding their marketing needs for both local and national programs. They are the key liaison between the Corporate Marketing division and the local teams. They work to drive awareness and bring Convene’s portfolio of brands and its specific products and solutions to life.
- Develop and implement a regional marketing plan and calendar for assigned markets that are an extension of and support national initiatives (inclusive of but not limited to email campaigns, events, activations, press, partnerships and barters, and more)
- Measure, evaluate, and provide reporting on regional and national marketing initiatives
- Work with local leadership to evaluate local trends in assigned segments or new, but related markets to determine segment penetration opportunities and strategies
- Manage regional marketing budget and provide guidance on usage throughout individual properties
- Oversee Convene’s brand entry into new and existing markets during pre-launch, openings, and beyond
- Work cross-functionally with sales, revenue, operations, real estate, sales, people & culture, and finance departments
- Support the local sales teams for pre-sell business development efforts
- Identify and support the local community and networking events, bringing them to the attention of appropriate commercial counterparts
- Represent the company at local, regional, and national meetings with customers
Partnerships, Community & Events
- Lead the planning and implementation of regional Convene property events such as pre-opening events, opening events, hosted events, loyalty, and client appreciation events, etc
- Provide support for Convene-attended local trade shows and marketing events as appropriate
- Build key relationships with local community partners, vendors, and like-minded brands
- Drive partnership agreements and potential barters with regional associations, industry bureaus, and local businesses
- Develop expertise in the regional market landscape, such as regional buyer personas, trends, pain points, and variances
Product and Brand Marketing Communications
- Provide content and admin support for various online channels, including emails, social media, blogs, job postings, etc, developing locally relevant templates and approaches to systematically support collateral, events, and operational needs
- Develop relationships with local influencers and be prepared to write and promote business-specific communications (i.e. new awards, milestones, corporate initiative announcements, openings)
- Support local PR and media opportunities and activations.
- Work closely with local leadership on a daily basis to educate teams on regional and national marketing initiatives
- Establish consistent, local positioning/branding image throughout product lines, promotional materials and events
- Ensure compliance with Convene brand guidelines for all regional and local marketing materials and consistency of messaging across all communications
How You Will Do It:
- This role is perfect for someone who considers themselves a multi-faceted “swiss-army knife” who has sales and marketing experience, event planning knowledge, loves building relationships with those in the community, and has a knack for analytics, reporting, and organization.
- The right person will be comfortable taking initiative, loves solving problems, and will thrive in a fast-paced and growing environment where cross-functional collaboration is paramount. They will also have proven experience working with cross-functional stakeholders as a team.
What We Look For:
- Experience in marketing, events, or partnership management
- Familiarity with Marketing technologies in automation (e.g. HubSpot), event (e.g. Eventbrite, Bizzabo), CRM (e.g. Salesforce) and optimization (e.g. Google Analytics) a plus
- Knowledge of social media platforms, associated media requirements, and best practices
- Detailed oriented
- Problem solver with strong communication and organizational skills
- Ability to be a team player in a fast-paced environment
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Proficient editing skills to review and provide feedback for written materials
- Proficient in Google Office Suite
- Partnership experience a plus
- Experience with commercial real estate, architecture, or hospitality is a plus
- This position is regionally based and requires frequent onsite attendance. Convene has 5 properties throughout the East Region which is inclusive of Washington DC, Philadelphia, and Boston.
- The Regional Marketing Manager is expected to familiarize themselves with each property and be present for onsite activations. Convene is a hyper-growth company, so additional cities, properties, and products may be added to this region.
- Onsite 60% and ability to travel to cities within the region.
The above job definition information has been designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performed by employees within this classification. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities, and qualifications required of employees assigned to this job. Job duties and responsibilities are subject to change based on changing business needs and conditions.
Salary Min: $80,000 Salary Max: $85,000
This role is also eligible for Convene's annual incentive performance bonus plan.
This information reflects the anticipated base salary range for this position based on current national data. Minimums and maximums may vary based on location. Individual pay is based on skills, experience and other relevant factors.
Who We Are:
Convene is a premium hospitality company that designs and operates meeting, event, flexible office, and membership spaces. With a network of 38 locations across nine cities in the U.S. and UK, Convene thoughtfully combines beautiful yet intuitive design, fully-integrated technology services, and a warm and welcoming environment to create a turnkey solution for extraordinary meeting and work experiences. Founded in 2009 with the goal of bringing hospitality and lifestyle into traditional commercial real estate assets, Convene partners with the industry’s top landlords to deliver increased value to their assets and premium experiences to their tenants. The company counts Hudson’s Bay Company, Ares, and RXR Realty among its investors and has been named one of America’s 100 Most Promising Companies by Forbes and a Best Workplace by Inc. magazine, Fortune magazine, and Built In. Learn more at https://convene.com/
We’re Here For You:
At Convene, you’ll receive:
- Excellent health coverage for you and your family starting day one
- Medical and insurance navigation support through Eden Health
- Flexible vacation time plus time off for your birthday
- A Holiday closure each year to allow all employees to unplug and recharge
- 401K plan with company matching
- Professional development support
- A chance to be part of a dynamic, growing team
- The opportunity to have a significant impact on your team and the business in the work that you do
- A culture of GRIT (Genuine, Relentless, Integrity and Teamwork)