Event Production Manager
Convene is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer and we believe that diverse teams are the best teams. We live our values of GRIT (Genuine, Relentless, Integrity & Teamwork) and strive to create an inclusive and equitable workplace where everyone can be their true selves, where we all show up for each other. In line with our goal to be 1% better every day, we are committed to listening, learning, growing and improving. We welcome applicants from all backgrounds, experiences, abilities and perspectives to join us on this journey.
What You’ll Do:
The Event Production Manager will act as the primary point of contact for the client during the planning process while also liaising with our on-site event, technology, and control room teams to ensure a seamless meeting event experience from start to finish. The Event Production Manager will ensure that the client’s vision for their event is executed, and that the client is fully supported from kick-off to post-event. The Event Productions Manager acts as project manager and ensures completion of on-site responsibilities by the Event Operations Team. The Event Production Manager supports our hybrid, virtual, and physical meetings products. The Event Production Manager lives Convene’s values and exhibits our hospitality standards at all times.
As the Event Production Manager, you will:
- Plan and oversee all aspects of meetings programs across our physical, hybrid and virtual products.
- Effectively communicate both verbally and written, with all level of associates, clients, and all Convene departments in an attentive, friendly, courteous, and service-oriented manner.
- Effectively listen to, understand, and clarify concerns raised by associates and clients.
- Serve as a pre-sales support function for our Sales team to advise on applicable deadlines and requirements to ensure a successful event. Work closely with Sales Department to prepare room diagrams and photos, and facility insights; assist relationship managers in getting clients through the contract phase
- Schedule and host kick-off call with client.
- Develop event timelines, communicate & enforce all pre-production deadlines to clients.
- Serve as the primary point of contact for the client leading up to day-of event. Facilitate conversations to understand their needs for all aspects of their program including but not limited to culinary, service, & AV.
- Prepare and distribute all room diagrams
- Work closely with culinary and service team to finalize menus and timing
- Partner closely with our AV teams to ensure the client’s AV needs are understood, communicated to AV Operations, and executed properly.
- Recommend and/or coordinate with third party vendors for event enhancements and experiences (florists, musicians, branding, linens, etc) as required.
- Host client Run of Show Review with AV Production team for Hybrid Events.
- Create and maintain detailed event documentation for each booking
- Track project timelines and status updates in Clickup.
- Responsible for the creation of PEO’s (Program Execution Orders), program diagrams, and invoices for post-contract add-ons.
- Support our Event Site Production team with the collection of the livestream event platform details, including, but not limited to, agenda, speaker details, sponsor details, and other collateral.
- Conduct pre-event and post-event debriefs for our internal stakeholders.
- Follow up with client with any post-event deliverables
- Conduct weekly regular PEO meetings with on-site operations teams.
- Provide status updates to internal and external stakeholders on pre-production milestones to ensure successful delivery on the day of the event.
- Supervise proper calculation of all program checks and ensure client approval and signatures
- Ensure collection of all program balances
What We Look For:
- 3+ years in a customer facing role
- Prior experience in event planning and project management
- Comfort using web based collaboration tools including, but not limited to Slack, Salesforce, SmartSheets, Google Suite
- Familiarity with SaaS, event platform/video/web conferencing a plus
- Strong business acumen and staying cool under pressure
- Natural problem solver, obsessed with finding appropriate solutions to meet customer needs
- Able to multitask, and obsessed with customer satisfaction
The above job definition information has been designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performed by employees within this classification. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities, and qualifications required of employees assigned to this job. Job duties and responsibilities are subject to change based on changing business needs and conditions.
Salary Min: $70,000 Salary Max: $75,000
This role is also eligible for Convene's annual incentive performance bonus plan.
This information reflects the anticipated base salary range for this position based on current national data. Minimums and maximums may vary based on location. Individual pay is based on skills, experience and other relevant factors.
Who We Are:
Convene is a premium hospitality company that designs and operates meeting, event, flexible office, and membership spaces. With a network of 38 locations across nine cities in the U.S. and UK, Convene thoughtfully combines beautiful yet intuitive design, fully-integrated technology services, and a warm and welcoming environment to create a turnkey solution for extraordinary meeting and work experiences. Founded in 2009 with the goal of bringing hospitality and lifestyle into traditional commercial real estate assets, Convene partners with the industry’s top landlords to deliver increased value to their assets and premium experiences to their tenants. The company counts Hudson’s Bay Company, Ares, and RXR Realty among its investors and has been named one of America’s 100 Most Promising Companies by Forbes and a Best Workplace by Inc. magazine, Fortune magazine, and Built In. Learn more at https://convene.com/
We’re Here For You:
At Convene, you’ll receive:
- Excellent health coverage for you and your family starting day one
- Medical and insurance navigation support through Eden Health
- Flexible vacation time plus time off for your birthday
- A Holiday closure each year to allow all employees to unplug and recharge
- 401K plan with company matching
- Professional development support
- A chance to be part of a dynamic, growing team
- The opportunity to have a significant impact on your team and the business in the work that you do
- A culture of GRIT (Genuine, Relentless, Integrity and Teamwork)