Convene is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer and we believe that diverse teams are the best teams. We live our values of GRIT (Genuine, Relentless, Integrity & Teamwork) and strive to create an inclusive and equitable workplace where everyone can be their true selves, where we all show up for each other. In line with our goal to be 1% better every day, we are committed to listening, learning, growing and improving. We welcome applicants from all backgrounds, experiences, abilities and perspectives to join us on this journey.
We are seeking a Sous Chef to join our Culinary Team at One Boston Place. The Sous Chef will report directly to the Executive Chef.
What You’ll Do:
We’re looking for a Sous Chef to join Convene’s prestigious culinary team. This position requires experience in high-volume environments with a focus on presentation and conference style catering. As a Sous Chef, you will be responsible for assisting in maintenance of budgeted food cost, ordering, menu development, sanitation and overall food quality and presentation, as well as assisting in daily ordering and inventory.
- Maintain full knowledge of menus, recipes, and other pertinent information
- Participate in company-wide cost savings initiatives
- Cooperate with implementation of cooperative training programs
- Display passion for increasing knowledge of the culinary field through collaborative development and curation of menus and specials
- Responsible for constant sanitation, organization, and proper food handling
- Cultivate a kitchen environment conducive to learning and growth opportunity through a pattern of hands-on leadership skills inclusive of the ability to delegate and follow up
What We Look For:
- A.O.S. Degree in Culinary Arts or culinary certificate and required experience
- Minimum 3 years of progressive culinary/kitchen management experience, depending upon formal degree of training
- Fine dining experience highly desirable
- Knowledge of café operations is a plus
- Extensive catering including high volume, complex foodservice operations experience desirable
- Comprehensive knowledge of food and catering trends with a focus on quality, production, sanitation, food cost controls, and presentation
- Must be experienced with modern technology, to include MS Office suite, Outlook, and a variety of internal systems and programs that facilitate our F&B standards
- Must be willing to participate in client satisfaction programs/activities inclusive of following up with front of house teams
- Leading pre-shifts and recurring property leadership meetings
- Move, lift, carry, push, pull and place objects weighing less than or equal to 30 pounds without assistance
- Reach overhead and below the knees, including bending, twisting, pulling, and stooping
- Stand, sit, or walk for an extended period of time
- Operate common kitchen equipment
The above job definition information has been designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performed by employees within this classification. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities, and qualifications required of employees assigned to this job. Job duties and responsibilities are subject to change based on changing business needs and conditions.
Salary Min: $65,000 Salary Max: $70,000
This role is also eligible for Convene's annual incentive performance bonus plan.
This information reflects the anticipated base salary range for this position based on current national data. Minimums and maximums may vary based on location. Individual pay is based on skills, experience and other relevant factors.
Who We Are:
Convene is a premium hospitality company that designs and operates meeting, event, flexible office, and membership spaces. With a network of 38 locations across nine cities in the U.S. and UK, Convene thoughtfully combines beautiful yet intuitive design, fully-integrated technology services, and a warm and welcoming environment to create a turnkey solution for extraordinary meeting and work experiences. Founded in 2009 with the goal of bringing hospitality and lifestyle into traditional commercial real estate assets, Convene partners with the industry’s top landlords to deliver increased value to their assets and premium experiences to their tenants. The company counts Hudson’s Bay Company, Ares, and RXR Realty among its investors and has been named one of America’s 100 Most Promising Companies by Forbes and a Best Workplace by Inc. magazine, Fortune magazine, and Built In. Learn more at https://convene.com/
We’re Here For You:
At Convene, you’ll receive:
- Excellent health coverage for you and your family starting day one
- Medical and insurance navigation support through Eden Health
- Flexible vacation time plus time off for your birthday
- A Holiday closure each year to allow all employees to unplug and recharge
- 401K plan with company matching
- Professional development support
- A chance to be part of a dynamic, growing team
- The opportunity to have a significant impact on your team and the business in the work that you do
- A culture of GRIT (Genuine, Relentless, Integrity and Teamwork)