Director of Sales, NYC
Convene is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer and we believe that diverse teams are the best teams. We live our values of GRIT (Genuine, Relentless, Integrity & Teamwork) and strive to create an inclusive and equitable workplace where everyone can be their true selves, where we all show up for each other. In line with our goal to be 1% better every day, we are committed to listening, learning, growing and improving. We welcome applicants from all backgrounds, experiences, abilities and perspectives to join us on this journey.
Convene is seeking an experienced, NYC based, sales leader to join our sales team as Director of Sales, NYC. In this role, you will be responsible for leading our NYC based sales team, building and deploying sales strategy to optimize revenue across our NYC portfolio of locations, developing local business relationships and growing annual revenues.
You are passionate about the meetings and events industry, and see technology transforming not only the way we meet, but the way we work. You are a highly motivated individual, driven by exceeding metrics for success and thrive in a team setting. You have successfully worked in a fast-paced environment, where change is constant.
What You’ll Do:
We need someone that can effectively engage with clients and build meaningful relationships, create loyalty, and convert opportunities into business. As Director of Sales, NYC you will:
- Consistently exceed revenue targets through strategic sales efforts
- Be an expert on Convene’s product offerings (Meetings, WorkPlace, Convene Technology). You will be able to articulately describe the product features and translate that into functionality to solutions for your clients
- Work with Revenue Management to exceed NYC Revenue targets and optimize available inventory through dynamic pricing; provide detailed and accurate sales forecasts
- Whether in person or virtually, your sales presence should be engaging, approachable and build instant rapport to Coach, mentor, and provide feedback to team of 6-10 sales professionals
- Grow revenue and opportunities through local relationship management, channel partners, strategic accounts and local insights
- Build and grow relationships with key market partners, area hotels, other large scale venues and Association Management firms
- Generate opportunities for NYC area Convene locations as well as leads for Convene locations throughout the global portfolio
- Know your competition and successfully articulate the Convene story and how we differentiate
- Partner with Operations Leadership to best support the client experience and maximize revenue generating opportunities and work cross functionally
- Assess current team processes and procedures, identify opportunities for improvement, and implement them
What We Look For:
- Minimum 7 years Sales experience in a high-volume sales atmosphere, leading a dynamic team. Ideally, you have over 5 years of experience selling to the meeting & event sector and managing a team in another multi-unit hospitality setting
- The ability to maintain attention to detail in an ever changing, fast paced environment
- Effective communication skills – both written and verbal
- Experience with Salesforce, a plus
- Proven experience exceeding sales goals and account growth
The above job definition information has been designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performed by employees within this classification. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities, and qualifications required of employees assigned to this job. Job duties and responsibilities are subject to change based on changing business needs and conditions.
Salary Min: $150,000 Salary Max: $155,000
This role is also eligible for Convene's sales commission program.
This information reflects the anticipated base salary range for this position based on current national data. Minimums and maximums may vary based on location. Individual pay is based on skills, experience and other relevant factors.
Who We Are:
Convene is a premium hospitality company that designs and operates meeting, event, flexible office, and membership spaces. With a network of 38 locations across nine cities in the U.S. and UK, Convene thoughtfully combines beautiful yet intuitive design, fully-integrated technology services, and a warm and welcoming environment to create a turnkey solution for extraordinary meeting and work experiences. Founded in 2009 with the goal of bringing hospitality and lifestyle into traditional commercial real estate assets, Convene partners with the industry’s top landlords to deliver increased value to their assets and premium experiences to their tenants. The company counts Hudson’s Bay Company, Ares, and RXR Realty among its investors and has been named one of America’s 100 Most Promising Companies by Forbes and a Best Workplace by Inc. magazine, Fortune magazine, and Built In. Learn more at https://convene.com/
We’re Here For You:
At Convene, you’ll receive:
- Excellent health coverage for you and your family starting day one
- Medical and insurance navigation support through Eden Health
- Flexible vacation time plus time off for your birthday
- A Holiday closure each year to allow all employees to unplug and recharge
- 401K plan with company matching
- Professional development support
- A chance to be part of a dynamic, growing team
- The opportunity to have a significant impact on your team and the business in the work that you do
- A culture of GRIT (Genuine, Relentless, Integrity and Teamwork)