Part Time Facilities Technician
Overview: Collective Retreats
Life, above all, is meant to be a powerful experience lived to the utmost, enjoyed and shared with others. We believe that we have the opportunity to create something unique and better that connects us to each other and our surroundings. Come be part of our Collective Good!
Collective Retreats is a new, meaningful, way to travel. As the only international hospitality company that is a certified B Corp, Collected Retreats is committed to reshaping the luxury travel experience. We have a passion for the craft of hospitality and a shared appreciation for exploration, adventure, innovation and the outdoors,
Collective Beliefs: A Life in Service to Others | The Power of Experiences | Happiness in Simplicity | Connection is Rare & Wonderful
Collective Qualities: Empathy | Courage | Honesty & Integrity | Humility & Optimism | Innovation & Continuous Improveme
We are seeking a Part Time Facilities Technician to support our Retreat Operations team in the ongoing maintenance of retreat grounds and facilities including tents, lodges, landscaping, equipment and mechanical systems. This person will be responsible for troubleshooting and resolving all maintenance-related issues in a courteous and timely manner while ensuring an amazing guest experience at all times.
The ideal candidate is highly organized and dependable, approachable, self-motivated, and passionate about travel and what we’re building.
- Responsible for ongoing maintenance operations and general repair of all retreat grounds, guest accommodations, team facilities/equipment and mechanical systems
- Performs systematic checks and inspections of the retreat to provide a proactive maintenance program to prevent breakdowns, malfunctions and general depreciation
- Immediately and courteously responds to guests needs in order to troubleshoot, repair and/or resolve maintenance requests and problems as they arise
- Maintains UTVs, tools and work spaces including kitchen areas, cook tents and lodges
- Performs a variety of repair and maintenance tasks including, but not limited to light carpentry, plumbing and electrical as well as general groundskeeping/landscaping
- Supports set-up and de-install teams for the opening and closing of the Retreat each season, including logistics, shipping and warehousing operations
- Assists in maintaining a safe, secure and healthy work environment for all guests and team members
- All other duties as assigned, requested or deemed necessary by management
Desired Skills and Experience:
- Must have a passion for working and being in the outdoors--this position is very “hands-on”!
- 2+ years experience in grounds and/or building maintenance and repair or related field in the hotel, hospitality, customer service and/or outdoor adventure industry
- 1+ years experience in light carpentry, electrical, mechanical, plumbing and/or landscaping
- Exceptional problem-solving skills; able to quickly troubleshoot and create solutions with the resources at hand in an outdoor, sometimes unpredictable, environment
- Strong team player who is willing to go the extra mile to deliver great service to both our guests and team members
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills
- Demonstrated ability to work well with co-workers
- Approachable, presentable and professional; a hard worker with a positive, can-do attitude
Requirements for Employment:
- Fluent in English
- Authorized to work in the U.S.
- Ability to regularly lift 25 lbs, and occasionally, 40+ lbs
- Willingness to work various shifts, including long and sometimes erratic hours
Compensation & Perks:
- Hourly rate: $20.18 per hour
- Friends and Family rate at all Collective Retreat locations
Collective Hotels & Retreats (CH&R) core belief is that life, above all, is meant to be a powerful experience lived to the utmost, enjoyed and shared with others. It is our responsibility to ensure that those experiences are created in an environment that is diverse, inclusive and equitable for all. We are committed to creating this environment for each other, our guests and our partners because we know that a sustainable and healthy environment is one that allows for access and opportunity for everyone.
Collective Retreats is committed to creating an accessible environment and inclusive hiring process. As part of this commitment, we strive to provide reasonable accommodations for persons with disabilities to enable them to access the hiring process. If you need an accommodation to access the job application or interview process, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org