Seasonal General Manager
Overview: Collective Retreats
Life, above all, is meant to be a powerful experience lived to the utmost, enjoyed and shared with others. We believe that we have the opportunity to create something unique and better that connects us to each other and our surroundings. Come be part of our Collective Good!
Collective Retreats is a new, meaningful, way to travel. As the only international hospitality company that is a certified B Corp, Collected Retreats is committed to reshaping the luxury travel experience. We have a passion for the craft of hospitality and a shared appreciation for exploration, adventure, innovation and the outdoors,
A Life in Service to Other | The Power of Experiences | Happiness in Simplicity | Connection is Rare & Wonderful
Empathy | Courage | Honesty & Integrity | Humility & Optimism | Innovation & Continuous Improvement
We are seeking an enthusiastic and driven Seasonal General Manager to lead the day to day operations of Vail Retreat. You will be responsible for maintaining the highest level of ethical leadership to achieve our business goals by owning the onsite guest experience, building and managing the retreat team, and managing against budget and site P&L. You care deeply about the unique experience that Collective Vail offers and you help to create an environment that activates our Collective Beliefs on a daily basis.
The ideal candidate is experienced in hospitality management and all aspects of running a boutique hotel, including: front desk, concierge, rooms management, food & beverage, and hotel finance. This person is also highly organized and dependable, approachable, self-motivated, and passionate about travel and what we’re building.
Season Time Frame: May 1st, 2024 to September 30th, 2024
- Ownership of hotel P&L including oversight of both achieving top line revenue targets and management of bottom line costs in order to achieve property GOP and EBITDA targets.
- Lead the day to day management of retreat operations, including oversight over front office, maintenance, housekeeping, food & beverage, and our activity partners
- Deliver a safe, fully functioning and operational hotel 100% of the season
- Oversee the entire on-site guest experience program and deliver exceptional levels of guest satisfaction, aligned with Collective Retreats objectives and standards, and on a consistent basis
- Drive on-site room and food & beverage revenue to meet and exceed budgeted goals
- Collaborate with Sales & Events team to maximize profit and overall satisfaction from our event partners and guests
- Thoughtfully and effectively create and enhance partner relations, including the company's key local relationships.
- Create new brand and property partnership to help drive additional revenue and guest satisfaction
- Work directly with Central Services team to provide a seamless guest experience
- Develop and collaborate on training, and engagement initiatives with People & Culture team
- Create a service culture that holds team members and managers accountable
- Work closely with Marketing, PR and Revenue Management team to unique promotions that drive social & digital engagement
- Train and supervise a team of experienced managers, housekeepers and chefs/prep cooks. Manage selected third party vendors, contractors and suppliers
Desired Skills and Experience:
- Must have a passion for what we are building and the guest experience. This position is critical in delivering against our customer promise
- 2+ years previous experience in the hotel industry with management positions and oversight over departments and teams. Background in rooms management is required
- Proven track record of delivering exceptional guest experiences and high satisfaction levels
- Demonstrated ability to grow, manage and develop teams and retain talent
- Willing to do “the heavy lifting” and handiwork as needed (minor repair and maintenance)
- Past experience in a new business or startup is highly desired. Strong interest in building a company (including new processes and systems) from the ground up. Comfortable managing through ambiguity and working with limited information
- Highly organized, detail-oriented and self-motivated with a proven ability to multi-task across multiple complex projects
- Approachable, presentable and professional
- Exceptional interpersonal and communication skills, both written and verbal
- Willingness to be based on property and to relocate to new property locations as the company grows
- Strong team player who is willing to go the extra mile to build the perfect locations for our guests in an adventurous outdoor setting
- Hard worker with a positive, can-do attitude. Flexible and willing to work long and sometimes erratic hours
Requirements for Employment:
- Fluent in English
- Authorized to work in the U.S.
- Bachelor’s degree from a top tier university
- Prior experience in hotel management, camp/recreational management, and/or retail store management is required
Compensation & Perks:
- Salary Range: $62,000 - $70,000 based on experience
- Accrued PTO and healthcare
- Housing Stipend Offer for Season
Collective Hotels & Retreats (CH&R) core belief is that life, above all, is meant to be a powerful experience lived to the utmost, enjoyed and shared with others. It is our responsibility to ensure that those experiences are created in an environment that is diverse, inclusive and equitable for all. We are committed to creating this environment for each other, our guests and our partners because we know that a sustainable and healthy environment is one that allows for access and opportunity for everyone.
Collective Retreats is committed to creating an accessible environment and inclusive hiring process. As part of this commitment, we strive to provide reasonable accommodations for persons with disabilities to enable them to access the hiring process. If you need an accommodation to access the job application or interview process, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org