Line Cook (Summer 2024)
Overview: Collective Retreats
Life, above all, is meant to be a powerful experience lived to the utmost, enjoyed and shared with others. We believe that we have the opportunity to create something unique and better that connects us to each other and our surroundings. Come be part of our Collective Good!
Collective Retreats is a new, meaningful, way to travel. As the only international hospitality company that is a certified B Corp, Collected Retreats is committed to reshaping the luxury travel experience. We have a passion for the craft of hospitality and a shared appreciation for exploration, adventure, innovation and the outdoors,
- A Life in Service to Other | The Power of Experiences | Happiness in Simplicity | Connection is Rare & Wonderful
We are seeking a dynamic and enthusiastic Line Cook to join our team at Tumbling River Ranch. If you have a love for the outdoors, a genuine passion for cooking, and enjoy the camaraderie of group dining experiences, this opportunity is perfect for you. Our beloved Dude Ranch, with over 50 years of operation, offers a unique setting for culinary professionals to thrive
- Display a working knowledge of all ingredients and preparation used on the menu.
- Consistently ensure that station mise en place is prepped, seasoned, and stocked throughout service and overall station remains clean and organized.
- Effectively participates in a professionally run service period as needed ensuring excellence in cooking, timing, plate assembly, and communication
- Maintain a calm mental athleticism while managing picks and simultaneously taking direction from culinary leader
- Demonstrate an eagerness to refine techniques and a desire to continually learn and grow.
Desired Skills and Experience:
- Must have a passion for working and being outdoors.
- 1-2 years experience as prep or line cook
- Culinary degree a plus
- Approachable, presentable and professional – desires to create amazing experiences for our guests
- Exceptional interpersonal and communication skills
- Hard-working, enthusiastic, flexible – desires new challenges and is self-motivated
- Extremely well organized with a strong ability to prioritize and multi-task
- Strong team player who is willing to go the extra mile to deliver great service to our guests in an adventurous outdoor setting
- Hard worker with a positive, can-do attitude. Willing to work long and sometimes erratic hours in a dynamic work environment
Requirements for Employment:
- Fluent in English
- Authorized to work in the U.S.
- Full-time and part-time opportunities available
- Must be available to work variable shifts on both weekdays and weekends (24-40 hours/week)
- Must be able to work on your feet for at least 8 hours
- Must willing to work in an outdoor setting, including all-weather conditions (rain, wind, heat, etc.)
- Ability to regularly lift up to 25lbs
Compensation & Perks:
- Hourly Wage: $14.42 per hour
- Housing and meals provided (small stipend each week)
Collective Hotels & Retreats (CH&R) core belief is that life, above all, is meant to be a powerful experience lived to the utmost, enjoyed and shared with others. It is our responsibility to ensure that those experiences are created in an environment that is diverse, inclusive and equitable for all. We are committed to creating this environment for each other, our guests and our partners because we know that a sustainable and healthy environment is one that allows for access and opportunity for everyone.
Collective Retreats is committed to creating an accessible environment and inclusive hiring process. As part of this commitment, we strive to provide reasonable accommodations for persons with disabilities to enable them to access the hiring process. If you need an accommodation to access the job application or interview process, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org