Senior Engineering Manager
We are seeking a strategically-minded, technology-focused and customer-centric software development leader. As an Engineering Leader, you will be responsible for leading a software engineering team in the design, development, testing, and deployment of our products which are used to deliver frictionless experiences to millions of members. A successful candidate will have well-established software development experience, be a strong communicator, able to run a program from inception to delivery, and be motivated to achieve results in a fast paced environment. This individual will have a history of helping to deliver well-architected, highly-available, and flexible technology platforms capable of accommodating high rates of growth and rapid iteration.
What you'll do:
- Hire, develop and grow engineering talent by providing career growth support, effective feedback, and performance reviews
- Lead and drive team ceremonies and strategic roadmapping, while maintaining a high level of collaboration and communication
- Partner with business stakeholders & product managers to form requirements, priorities, and processes
- Foster culture of continuous engineering improvement through mentoring, feedback, and metrics
- Provide technical guidance, mentoring, and can articulate risks and benefits to other less experienced members of the team
- Drive engineering and operational excellence by demonstrating strong ownership of metrics and goal-setting grounded in data; implement best practices in testing, documentation, and observability
What you’re great at:
- +7 years of experience in all aspects of software engineering, including coding, maintenance, architecture and design, delivering backend and frontend web applications, with a portion of the time working in a leadership role.
- Experience leading and managing cross-functional projects to deliver products on tight deadlines
- Excellent judgment and creative problem-solving skills, including strong communication skills in both English and Hebrew
- Curious about technology and believe in constant learning Bachelor’s degree in engineering or computer science is an advantage
- Bonus points:
- Experience building backend cloud apps using AWS
- Experience with backend development technologies for building RESTful APIs
How You'll be Rewarded:
At CLEAR we help YOU move forward - because when you’re at your best, we’re at our best.
You’ll work with talented team members who are motivated by our mission of making experiences safer and easier.
Our hybrid work environment provides flexibility. We invest in your well-being and learning & development with our stipend and reimbursement programs.
Have you ever had that green-light feeling? When you hit every green light and the day just feels like magic. CLEAR's mission is to create frictionless experiences where every day has that feeling. With more than 13+ million passionate members and hundreds of partners around the world, CLEAR’s identity platform is transforming the way people live, work, and travel. Whether it’s at the airport, stadium, or right on your phone, CLEAR connects you to the things that make you, you - unlocking easier, more secure, and more seamless experiences - making them all feel like magic.