Senior Privacy and Cybersecurity Counsel
The Senior Privacy and Cybersecurity Counsel will work cross-functionally with the Legal, Security, Product, Technology and Business Development teams to continue building Privacy by Design into the many new products and services CLEAR is speeding to market each day. You will have deep knowledge and experience with privacy-related compliance obligations under frameworks like HIPAA, CCPA and GDPR, and will support our efforts to expand internationally with a privacy mindset.
What You'll Do:
- Own privacy- and data protection-related inquiries from external stakeholders, senior leadership and across the company, providing strategic and practical advice on legal requirements and compliance
- Provide counsel on regulatory developments, including the ongoing monitoring and tracking of trends in privacy and security laws, enforcement, regulations, and public policy
- Design and conduct awareness and training efforts to enhance team member understanding of data privacy obligations and compliance, data privacy policies, data handling practices and procedures
- Scope international privacy compliance requirements to support our expanding business, and collaborate with technology and product stakeholders to assure that CLEAR meets those requirements
- Own implementation of compliant solutions to existing and new legislative and regulatory developments to ensure ongoing compliance
How You'll Measure Success:
- Documented evidence of successful incorporation of CLEAR Privacy Principles in new products and services
- Sought after as a thought partner across the company on privacy and privacy-related matters
- Evolve existing privacy training programs to address changing legal and regulatory frameworks while maintain utility and practicality
What You're Great At:
- 7+ years of experience at a law firm or in-house, with knowledge of and experience with privacy regulatory and legal frameworks including CCPA and GDPR
- Working directly with non-lawyers to minimize and resolve issues quickly and effectively
- Motivated by responsibility and autonomy to solve problems
- Providing proactive, pragmatic legal counseling to business partners
- Interpersonal skills with demonstrated ability to facilitate collaborative solutions
- Business communication and analytical skills, as well as a strong sense of ownership and accountability
- CIPP-US or related certifications are a plus
How You'll be Rewarded:
At CLEAR we help YOU move forward - because when you’re at your best, we’re at our best. You’ll work with talented team members who are motivated by our mission of making experiences safer and easier. Our hybrid work environment provides flexibility. In our offices, you’ll enjoy benefits like meals and snacks. We invest in your well-being and learning & development with our stipend and reimbursement programs.
We offer holistic total rewards, including comprehensive healthcare plans, family building benefits (fertility and adoption/surrogacy support), flexible time off, free OneMedical memberships for you and your dependents, and a 401(k) retirement plan with employer match. The base salary range for this role is $200,000 - 240,000, depending on levels of skills and experience.
The base salary range represents the low and high end of CLEAR’s salary range for this position. Salaries will vary depending on various factors which include, but are not limited to location, education, skills, experience and performance. The range listed is just one component of CLEAR’s total compensation package for employees and other rewards may include annual bonuses, commission, Restricted Stock Units
Have you ever had that green-light feeling? When you hit every green light and the day just feels like magic. CLEAR's mission is to create frictionless experiences where every day has that feeling. With more than 16+ million passionate members and hundreds of partners around the world, CLEAR’s identity platform is transforming the way people live, work, and travel. Whether it’s at the airport, stadium, or right on your phone, CLEAR connects you to the things that make you, you - unlocking easier, more secure, and more seamless experiences - making them all feel like magic.
Something looks off?