Deep Learning Engineer
Seattle, WA, USA
Posted on Tuesday, February 7, 2023
Carbon Robotics launched the world’s first and only commercial LaserWeeder in ’22. Customers have shot over 100M weeds and counting! We are disrupting the AgTech sector with mission driven technology that solves multiple environmental problems. As a result 2023 units are almost sold out.We’re a team who wants more! Carbon Robotics offers more! More Professional Growth, Bigger Problems to Solve, Mission Driven Progress in every task! There’s interesting problems with a Breadth of Exposure because Laser Weeding touches more than you think!We are a no-nonsense team of passionate people with a bias for action. We know that our ability to execute on our ideas is what sets us apart. We do what we say we are going to do, externally and internally. We trust our people to act independently and make practical, real-world decisions.Join the weeding revolution and follow Carbon Robotics on LinkedIn, YouTube, Twitter and Instagram. Are you ready to help us design and build our LaserWeeder that solve real problems in our food supply? An Deep Learning Engineer at Carbon Robotics will work with the team that designs experiments to test new models and algorithms, optimize them for daily deployments to operational resources in the field, and integrate them with our robotics software stack with your Engineering and Product Management peers. You’ll do whatever it takes - which might include going to the farm - to ensure our customers have reliable and safe products. What you’ll do:
- Design experiments to test new models and algorithms, optimize them for daily deployments to operational resources in the field, and integrate them with our robotics software stack.
- Build quickly through ownership and collaboration with Engineering and Product Management
- Drive decision through project planning, task delegation and leading problem solving efforts to reiterate quickly
- 2-5 years post graduation working experience as a Deep Learning Engineer or Data Scientist developing and putting Computer Vision Deep Learning models into production using Python and C++
- Implement model improvements in training code (Python) and robotics execution environment (C++)
- Effective verbal and written communication skills to explain model details and behavior to non-technical staff and customers
- Improve labeling strategies to ensure Carbon Robotics maintains leadership in high-resolution plant data
- Work with product leads to define achievable tasks for ML models
- Experience in Deep learning model optimization and deployment.
- Creating high-performance algorithms in CUDA.
- BS+ in Computer Science, Data Science, or related field - software engineering background are strongly preferred.
- Pre-IPO stock options (tax-advantaged ISOs)
- Competitive Compensation
- Fully-paid medical, dental and vision insurance premium for you and all dependents
- Generous Paid Time Off and Holidays
- 401 (k)
- An inclusive and tight company culture
- Mission Driven Culture