Consumer financial services in America are in the early innings of a tectonic secular shift to digital-first offerings. However, much of the innovation to date has centered almost exclusively on credit products: BNPL, early wage access, cash advances, early direct deposit. These products are all repackaged, repurposed forms of credit, which unfortunately don't do much to improve the financial position of the low-to-middle income consumer and do not solve for their core problem: a lack of money.
With all the focus on personal credit and liability management, where is the innovation on the asset side of the ledger?
Introducing Bridge, the only fintech company focused on boosting the "asset side of the ledger" for 100M low-to-middle income consumers in America.
- Our wedge product is the only debit card that helps you earn money, funded by third parties for various in-app money making actions (cashback, surveys, ad viewing, gaming, etc).
- In the future, we facilitate upward economic mobility by enabling our members to monetize their greatest asset: permissioned first-party data.
These are the same folks that have backed companies like Uber, Venmo, Gusto, AngelList, DraftKings, Sweetgreen, and Clear.</aside>
We are seeking a talented and highly motivated Mobile Engineer to help Bridge deliver a best-in-class mobile product to our members. You will work with tech and product leadership to set best practices and design mobile support operations. You will deliver high-quality features to our mobile products and help scale Bridge’s systems to support a rapidly expanding member base. You will report directly to the VP of Engineering.
We value mission alignment, integrity, ability and humility, and we’re committed to creating an inclusive company with driven people that thrive in an uncertain environment. If this sounds like you, keep reading!
The work you’ll do:
- Design, execute, and support a mobile platform from startup to enterprise scale
- Work with tech and product leadership to craft and execute a mobile platform roadmap
- Train your teammates on how to build and support best-in-class mobile products
- Rapid feature development on a react-native mobile platform
- Contribute to the production support process
You’ll be successful at Bridge if you have:
- 2-3+ years industry experience
- Extensive experience building cross-platform mobile applications
- Experience with React Native, Expo, iOS/Android app stores
- Experience with native iOS/Android development
- Experience designing scalable mobile APIs
- Experience as a technical leader to ensure quality
- Experience with financial systems (banking, payments, etc) is a plus, but not required
- A passion for documentation and training to ensure your whole team can contribute
- A spirit of adventure to join a rapidly growing business and team
A competitive salary, health insurance stipend and equity compensation will be provided. We are headquartered in Chicago but are open to remote hires nationwide.<aside> 💡 **A final word:** We believe you can be a great candidate even if you don’t match all of the qualifications listed above. You may also have important skills or attributes we haven't yet considered. If that's you, don't hesitate to apply! Bridge is committed to fostering diversity in our organization and building an equitable environment for people of all backgrounds and experiences. We're taking steps to meet that commitment. We especially encourage members of traditionally underrepresented communities to apply.
If you've read this far and still think you'd be a good fit for the role, please send a note to hiring [at] bridgemoney.cowith "Build Bridge" in the subject line, a copy of your updated resume, and up to 3 short bullet points on why you're the right candidate. Brevity is preferred!</aside>