Bloomscape is a Direct to Consumer plant brand with a mission to become the simplest source in the world for buying and enjoying quality plants. Plants nourish our living spaces in a way that’s deeply vital and increasingly necessary in our modern lifestyles. By completely changing the way people buy and experience plants in every area of the home and garden, our big vision is to make Bloomscape the most recognized brand in plants.
Bloomscape is looking for a Florida-based Buyer specializing in plants. This role is essential to our success. The ideal candidate will develop relationships with Florida growers to source the best quality plant. Additionally, the candidate will be responsible for procuring plants and other materials to support the business.
- Execute and manage all indoor plant buying from Florida growers.
- Create POs and maintain accurate levels of inventory within the ERP System
- Arrange deliveries of material to the fulfillment site as needed including consolidation of inbound plants.
- Purchase additional materials to support the program such as pots, packaging, etc. as needed.
- Communicate Bloomscape plant specs with suppliers and ensure the products they ship meet or exceed the specs.
- Visit suppliers on a regular basis and monitor crops for potential issues and make adjustments as warranted.
- Negotiate the best cost/value possible.
- Review plants onsite for quality concerns and work with the onsite team to address any issues.
- Collaborate with the team in selecting promotional items and then sourcing them.
- Knowledge of the foliage plant industry
- Data analysis
- Excellent communication skills
- Strong relationship skills to build trust and confidence with our growers
- Highly organized; process, task, and detail-oriented
- Quick to learn new systems and programs
- Ability to multitask, prioritize, and manage time effectively
- Self-motivated with the ability to work on their own
- Versatile and flexible
- Ability to travel when necessary
- A practical person with excellent prioritization and skills
- Ability to thrive in fast-paced ever-changing environment
- Previous startup and/or e-commerce experience, a plus
- Committed employee with a passion for plants and the Bloomscape brand
Education and Experience:
- Bachelor’s or associate’s degree in business, logistics, systems engineering, supply chain management or similar.
- Minimum of 3 years experience in the horticultural industry.
- Experience with Florida-based growers. Established relationships are a plus.
- ERP knowledge- Netsuite a plus
- Excellent knowledge of data analysis and forecasting methods
- Microsoft Office
- Medical, Vision, Dental, STD, LTD, Life insurance
- Unlimited PTO
- Plant Discounts
Bloomscape is an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate inclusivity and are committed to building a diverse team.
Something looks off?