Manager, Global Real Estate & Office Experience
BigCommerce’s mission is to help merchants sell more at every stage of growth, from small startups, to mid-market businesses to large enterprises. We focus on being the best ecommerce platform so our customers can focus on what matters most: growing their businesses.
We are equally passionate about growing our employee’s careers and providing them an incredible experience as we rapidly expand across the globe. We are proud to have been recognized numerous times for our product and workplace culture. We empower our people and customers to build, innovate and grow, so together we can redefine the ecommerce industry.
BigCommerce is looking for a Manager, Global Real Estate & Office Experience to manage our global real estate portfolio and office experience. This role will be responsible for the oversight and management of day-to-day operations of the global office experience team, vendor management, workspace planning and lease negotiation. BigCommerce is looking for someone who has a strong understanding of how office operations, environment and culture can impact all employees and visitors and who will help us plan effectively to ensure our facilities support the company’s needs in a hybrid work environment. This role will report to the Sr Manager, Culture & Engagement.
What you’ll do:
- Manage our global real estate portfolio (currently 2 in the U.S. and 3 international)
- Manage our global office experience team, inspiring them to make sure all of our offices deliver a WOW employment experience and execute internal events that drive deeper employee connections
- Work with BigCommerce real estate brokers on real estate strategy based on our evolving business needs and lead cross-functional teams executing our strategy
- Work closely with BigCommerce real estate brokers to proactively develop market surveys, market trends, financial models and overall summaries of our current and future markets
- Review and advise on letters of intent, lease proposals and counter proposals, review leases, consult with legal and finance team on terms and conditions
- Consistently review and manage office experience standards to ensure operational efficiency and consistency throughout all BigCommerce offices
- Manage relationships with building ownership and property management across our real estate portfolio
- Manage BigCommerce facilities occupancy costs, budget and forecasts. Advise and provide recommendations for annual budgets. Work with finance team to monitor expenses and review budget monthly
- Negotiate and manage direct vendor/partner relationships and contracts (i.e architects, general contractors, subcontractors, furniture, security, etc.)
- Lead team in management of the overall safety and security of all BigCommerce facilities
- Partner with Sr Manager, Culture & Engagement and senior leadership team on hybrid workforce strategies to create engaging employee experiences inside and outside of our global offices
Who you are:
- 5+ years experience in corporate real estate and/or facilities management with at least 2 years experience in a people management role
- Broad exposure to facilities or property management, real estate service delivery oversight and vendor management, real estate capital or project management (construction and improvements), and long term real estate strategy formulation.
- Strong track record of effectively managing and developing teams and relationships with internal and external partners globally
- Excellent written/verbal communication
- Excellent problem solving and process improvement abilities
- Passionate about customer service, employee experience and office culture
- Strong computer skills, including GMail, Google Docs, Microsoft Office applications; Experience using OfficeSpace for space planning a plus
We will ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the interview process, to perform essential job functions and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment. If you need an accommodation in order to interview at BigCommerce, please let us know during any of your interactions with our recruiting team.
Learn more about the BigCommerce team, culture and benefits at https://careers.bigcommerce.com.