BigCommerce’s mission is to help merchants sell more at every stage of growth, from small startups, to mid-market businesses to large enterprises. We focus on being the best ecommerce platform so our customers can focus on what matters most: growing their businesses.
We are equally passionate about growing our employee’s careers and providing them an incredible experience as we rapidly expand across the globe. We are proud to have been recognized numerous times for our product and workplace culture. We empower our people and customers to build, innovate and grow, so together we can redefine the ecommerce industry.
BigCommerce is disrupting the eCommerce industry as the SaaS leader for fast- growing, mid-market businesses. We enable our customers to build intuitive and engaging stores to support every stage of their growth. We are looking for an Assistant Controller/Senior Manager to assist in overseeing the financial activity of the company, including Accounting, Audit, and various areas of SEC and Management Financial Reporting. This is an exciting opportunity for a passionate, high energy accounting professional to join our team in Austin, Texas. The Assistant Controller/Senior Manager will be an integral part of the Finance organization and will report to the Corporate Controller.
What You’ll Do:
- Manage, direct, and develop our Accounting team
- Assist in the preparation of quarterly (10-Q) and annual (10-K) consolidated financial statements
- Manage relationships with external auditors as they perform their quarterly reviews and annual audit
- Lead the monthly close process
- Provide technical accounting guidance and develop accounting and financial reporting policies for new transactions
- Lead the Accounting department in strengthening our SEC reporting function
- Lead internal teams in support of new business strategies and initiatives and provide sound accounting and financial advice
- Participate in and lead special projects aimed to improve business processes
- Play a key and active role in executing the company’s SOX process
Who You Are:
- 7+ years of experience in public accounting, industry experience a plus
- 3+ years of people leadership experience
- Strong technical accounting background, including research of technical GAAP issues and documentation to support positions taken by the Company.
- Experience with SOX and ASC 606 is a plus
- Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting required
- CPA Certification required
- Ability to confidently express opinions and constructively challenge others
- Experience with accounting information systems
- Thrives in a fast-paced, deadline-driven environment
We will ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the interview process, to perform essential job functions and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment. If you need an accommodation in order to interview at BigCommerce, please let us know during any of your interactions with our recruiting team.
Learn more about the BigCommerce team, culture and benefits at https://careers.bigcommerce.com.