Software Development Engineer in Test - Remote Poland
BigCommerce’s mission is to help merchants sell more at every stage of growth, from small startups, to mid-market businesses to large enterprises. We focus on being the best ecommerce platform so our customers can focus on what matters most: growing their businesses.
We are equally passionate about growing our employee’s careers and providing them an incredible experience as we rapidly expand across the globe. We are proud to have been recognized numerous times for our product and workplace culture. We empower our people and customers to build, innovate and grow, so together we can redefine the ecommerce industry.
BigCommerce makes quality a cornerstone of our software development and delivery philosophy. Every day, we’re trusted to handle tens of millions of dollars of transactions through our platform. We cannot achieve this trust without a heavy focus on quality through automation.
In this role, you’ll help us build and extend a solid Ecosystem Platform. You’ll also work closely with software engineers, UI designers and product managers to define stories, acceptance scenarios, test plans/cases and advocate for best practices that improve software quality.
What You’ll Do
- Collaborate with our product and design teams, acceptance scenarios, and test cases.
- Define the test plan and acceptance scenarios.
- Build test suites and automate them.
- Collaborate with peer software engineers to create test cases for product features.
- Build integration and smoke test suites keeping security in mind.
- Build performance and load test cases.
- Be obsessed with delivering quality products to customers.
- Be a voice for QE best practices.
- Support an open, positive, and energized culture.
- Encourage innovation and foster an environment of continuous improvement.
Who You Are
- 3+ years of experience as a Quality Engineer.
- Solid understanding of quality assurance principles and methodologies.
- Experience with web applications testing.
- Strong understanding of web applications architecture.
- Experience with Selenium page object model.
- Experience with PHPUnit/JUnit/xUnit.
- Experience with load and performance testing.
- Experience writing SQL queries.
- Experience with REST API.
- Experience with test artifacts maintenance.
- Experience building test flows.
- Experience with CI/CD tools such as Jenkins would be a plus.
- Experience working in the e-commerce domain is highly desired.
Other Crucial Skills
- Have an excellent ability to communicate and coordinate
- Will speak up when something doesn’t feel right with constructive feedback
- Ability to identify application weaknesses and bad practices
- Have excellent problem solving, critical thinking and debugging skills
- Question everything, always.
What's in it for you:
- Work with modern technologies, cloud development and highly scalable distributed systems.
- Work for an international Product company.
- Become an expert in the area and provide high quality Product to the market.
- Learn from Senior professionals and share knowledge, expertise and good practices to the team.
- Be a part of a fast-growing company.
- Work remotely from Poland.
- We provide internal and external learning courses.
Our Hiring Processes Might Include:
- Recruiter phone screen
- Hiring manager Interview
- Technical Interview
We will ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the interview process, to perform essential job functions and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment. If you need an accommodation in order to interview at BigCommerce, please let us know during any of your interactions with our recruiting team.
Learn more about the BigCommerce team, culture and benefits at https://careers.bigcommerce.com.
Something looks off?