Senior Software Engineer (PHP) - Remote Poland
BigCommerce’s mission is to help merchants sell more at every stage of growth, from small startups, to mid-market businesses to large enterprises. We focus on being the best ecommerce platform so our customers can focus on what matters most: growing their businesses.
We are equally passionate about growing our employee’s careers and providing them an incredible experience as we rapidly expand across the globe. We are proud to have been recognized numerous times for our product and workplace culture. We empower our people and customers to build, innovate and grow, so together we can redefine the ecommerce industry.
BigCommerce offers a dynamic, collaborative environment, helping you expand your skills and take ideas from inception to delivery. We are currently looking for a Senior Software Engineer (PHP) to join our Engineering team.
What you’ll do:
- Build new, reliable, scalable features/integrations with a focus on security, testability and extensibility.
- Collaborate with our product and design teams to define feature specifications and timelines.
- Engage in technical discussions to design new solutions and architecture.
- Review your peers’ code to maintain and improve quality and security.
- Support an open, positive, and energized culture.
- Encourage innovation and foster an environment of continuous improvement
- Ensure that technical decisions support our goals around quality, high performance, scalability, reliability, availability, and security.
Who you are:
- You’re an experienced professional with 5+ years of software development experience building amazing things that speak for themselves.
- You’re an expert in PHP. Experience with popular frameworks is a plus.
- E-commerce experience is a plus.
- You have a good understanding of pattern libraries and design systems.
- You have knowledge of using and building JSON APIs.
- You are passionate about modern technologies and tools, and understand when they’re most appropriate.
- You are passionate about creating extraordinary software experiences by writing beautiful code.
- You're not biased toward a specific technology and are more interested in finding the right tools and patterns for the job.
- You enjoy being part of a collaborative team that is focused on building a product that will delight customers.
- You have excellent interpersonal skills - able to collaborate and communicate in person or via Slack or email efficiently.
What's in it for you:
- Work with modern technologies, cloud development and highly scalable distributed systems.
- Work for an international Product company.
- Be responsible for development of the core of our SaaS platform - Catalog domain.
- Become an expert in the area and provide high quality Product to the market.
- Learn from senior professionals and share knowledge, expertise and good practices to the team.
- Be a part of a fast-growing company.
- Work remotely from Poland.
We provide internal and external learning courses.
Our Hiring Processes Might Include:
- Recruiter phone screen
- Hiring manager Interview
- Technical Interview
We will ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the interview process, to perform essential job functions and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment. If you need an accommodation in order to interview at BigCommerce, please let us know during any of your interactions with our recruiting team.
Learn more about the BigCommerce team, culture and benefits at https://careers.bigcommerce.com.