Senior Application Security Engineer - Remote
BigCommerce’s mission is to help merchants sell more at every stage of growth, from small startups, to mid-market businesses to large enterprises. We focus on being the best ecommerce platform so our customers can focus on what matters most: growing their businesses.
We are equally passionate about growing our employee’s careers and providing them an incredible experience as we rapidly expand across the globe. We are proud to have been recognized numerous times for our product and workplace culture. We empower our people and customers to build, innovate and grow, so together we can redefine the ecommerce industry.
As the BigCommerce e-commerce SaaS platform handles information at a large scale, we need to anticipate and protect against attackers targeting BigCommerce or our customer
Our engineers are called on to wear many hats, you’ll be very well-rounded, with experience as a software developer, and penetration tester, and able to work independently to provide technical expertise to other software developers.
Named a ”Best Place to Work" in Sydney, we are looking for a full-time Senior Applications Security Engineer who wants to make an impact on every level of society by powering innovators, creative thinkers, entrepreneurs, and business owners around the world to be successful at each stage of their business.
What you’ll do
- Respond to information security incidents, providing technical expertise
- Provide security guidance and experience to BigCommerce engineering teams
- Review project technical designs and stay involved through their implementation to assist BigCommerce engineering staff with the finer points of application security
- Help build internal security tooling, to enable us to be more proactive.
- Utilise data to help generate insights into threats, driving towards conclusions that allow for better prioritization and solutioning
- Mentoring team members in best practice around information security standards
- Regular and ongoing pen testing of BigCommerce’s growing environment
- Evangelize security within BigCommerce and be an advocate for BigCommerce customers
- Protect BigCommerce Merchants, Shoppers, and the company
- Bachelor's degree in CS, EE or MIS; or equivalent experience
- Solid understanding of how the web works, Web Application Security concepts, exploits, and threat prevention
- Skills to Test, Triage, review, and provide recommendations for vulnerabilities
- 5 plus years of experience in application security related fields (code reviews, application penetration testing, security engineering, etc.)
- Passionate about security and willingness to learn, unlearn and relearn if necessary
- Knowledge of development and integration tools and technologies(Ex. CI/CD)
- 1 plus years of software development experience in PHP, Ruby, Java, or similar relatable technology The ability to explain security issues to developers, engineers, and management
- Strong communicator with a bias towards honesty and transparency
- Experience working on global teams
- Experience in Bug bounties, speaking at conferences, blogging, etc. is highly desirable
- Nice to have one/many certifications such as GXPN, OSCP, OSCE, CEH
**To be considered an applicant, must be located in Australia**
Compensation: Base Salary Range: AUD $131,000.00 - 170,000.00 + Superannuation
We will ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the interview process, to perform essential job functions and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment. If you need an accommodation in order to interview at BigCommerce, please let us know during any of your interactions with our recruiting team.
Learn more about the BigCommerce team, culture and benefits at https://careers.bigcommerce.com.
Something looks off?