Salesforce Quality Engineer - Remote
BigCommerce’s mission is to help merchants sell more at every stage of growth, from small startups, to mid-market businesses to large enterprises. We focus on being the best ecommerce platform so our customers can focus on what matters most: growing their businesses.
We are equally passionate about growing our employee’s careers and providing them an incredible experience as we rapidly expand across the globe. We are proud to have been recognized numerous times for our product and workplace culture. We empower our people and customers to build, innovate and grow, so together we can redefine the ecommerce industry.
We are looking for a driven Salesforce Quality Engineer to join our Business Applications team, a team that ensures core business processes are supported, maintained and constantly improving. As a key member of our development group, you will be reporting to the Manager of Business Applications. BigCommerce offers a heavily collaborative environment helping you expand your skill-set and take ideas from inception to delivery. You will work within the team as well as with leaders of our diverse business units to craft test methodologies, identify and implement improvements, and support the team in writing robust, reusable, scalable, and well-tested code. You’ll work closely with the business, software engineers, designers, and product managers to define stories, acceptance scenarios, and test plans/cases, and advocate for best practices that improve software quality. This position has huge potential for growth, and you’ll be an integral part of optimizing BigCommerce’s Salesforce instance.
**To be considered an applicant you must reside in Mexico**
What You’ll Do
- Monitor and manage defects at all stages of development
- Partner with the development team on Quality Dashboard
- Build a testing framework for our platform.
- Investigate defects, categorize impact, and produce minimum viable test cases to reproduce them
- Plan, create, and execute test plans
- Identify test coverage gaps and implement new tests for code coverage.
- Execute acceptance and exploratory testing
- Participate in group dev & UAT testing activities
- Own and develop testing tools and strategies, manage test data
- Advocate for best quality practices and tooling
- Become an expert on our platform and our business model
- Advocate for customer experience through consistency and simplicity
- Support frequent deployments to production
- Participate in agile activities and processes
- Help foster a culture of pride and obsession around delivering quality software
Who You Are
- You’ve got 5+ years experience in software development with a heavy focus on quality.
- BS or equivalent degree in Computer Science
- You’re passionate about the quality and integrity of software experiences
- You can empathize with and advocate for users
- You have great communication skills and can help facilitate meetings, discovery sessions, story writing and documentation
- You thrive working in an agile environment where individuals and interactions matter more than process
Other crucial skills:
- Have an excellent ability to communicate in English
- Will speak up when something doesn’t feel right with constructive feedback.
- Ability to identify application weaknesses and bad practices
- Have excellent problem solving, critical thinking and debugging skills
- Question everything, always
- Knowledge working with JIRA
- Experience in development best practices including agile processes, testing methodologies and continuous integration
- Experience in version control concepts and tools for deployment & release management (Github or similar tools)
- You can define, measure and report on test objectives, coverage metrics, error rates and thresholds, leading and holding other engineers accountable for technical quality measurements
Nice to Have:
- You understand the business and technical needs of feature development and can help product managers and engineers make decisions that deliver quality features in an optimized timeframe
- Experienced with design systems, likes of Salesforce Lightning design system
- You have experience testing APIs using Postman, SoapUI, etc.
- In-depth knowledge of the current industry-wide testing techniques, tools, and methodologies. Automation frameworks like Selenium (web), etc.
- Salesforce Platform certification(s)
- Release management tooling like Copado, Gearset, etc.
- Experience with cross-browser, cross-platform, and design constraints on the web.
**Please submit your resume in English for review. **
- Fluent in English
- Our ideal candidate will reside in Mexico City, Mexico, Guadalajara, Mexico, or any major city within Mexico
Compensation: Base Salary Range: Gross MXN 759,000.00 - 950,000.00
We will ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the interview process, to perform essential job functions and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment. If you need an accommodation in order to interview at BigCommerce, please let us know during any of your interactions with our recruiting team.
Learn more about the BigCommerce team, culture and benefits at https://careers.bigcommerce.com.
Something looks off?