BigCommerce’s mission is to help merchants sell more at every stage of growth, from small startups, to mid-market businesses to large enterprises. We focus on being the best ecommerce platform so our customers can focus on what matters most: growing their businesses.
We are equally passionate about growing our employee’s careers and providing them an incredible experience as we rapidly expand across the globe. We are proud to have been recognized numerous times for our product and workplace culture. We empower our people and customers to build, innovate and grow, so together we can redefine the ecommerce industry.
BigCommerce, named a "Best Place to Work" in Austin in 2022 is looking for an Executive Assistant. The Executive Assistant will leverage their superior organizational and communication skills to provide administrative support to our Executive leadership team with their fast-paced schedules through calendar management, travel planning, reporting, budgeting, research, presentation preparation and other important tasks.
What You’ll Do
- Manage work and personal calendars for multiple executives across multiple timezones including scheduling and prioritizing on their behalf on a daily, weekly, and monthly basis
- Coordinate travel including flights, hotels, ground transportation and itinerary planning for domestic and international travel
- In-office administration duties as required (meeting preparation, team communication, team contests, meet-ups, etc).
- Communicate regularly with executives both locally and remotely via email, phone and video conferencing
- Manage and screen incoming/outgoing (e)mail and telephone calls
- Organize team outings and social events
- Prepare expense reconciliations and work with internal accounts teams
- Collate and distribute agendas, sometimes at the last minute
- Organize lunches, purchases, and paying bills
- Works independently and within a team on special nonrecurring and ongoing projects.
- Acts as project manager for special projects, at the request of the executive, which may include: planning and coordinating multiple presentations, disseminating information, research, and maintaining team accountability, etc.
Who You Are
- 3+ years experience in an administrative support role or project administrative role
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills with an ability to communicate with people at all levels, regardless of role
- Experience with the Google Apps product suite (email, calendar, hangouts and docs)
- A great attitude and high energy with values that align with our corporate culture
- A "leave it with me, I'll get it done" attitude
- Solutions oriented - A 5% focus on the problem and a 95% focus on the solution
- Ability to be organized while juggling multiple balls in the air at all times
- Ability to exercise independent judgment
- Ability to maintain strict confidentiality in all matters
- Fluent in English
We will ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the interview process, to perform essential job functions and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment. If you need an accommodation in order to interview at BigCommerce, please let us know during any of your interactions with our recruiting team.
Learn more about the BigCommerce team, culture and benefits at https://careers.bigcommerce.com.
Something looks off?