Enterprise Account Executive
We deliver the most advanced and flexible learning experience for certification, credentialing, test prep, continuing education, and training. Our cloud-based learning platform helps training organizations, associations and the extended enterprise deliver a highly engaging and effective learning experience for individuals looking to advance their careers. We incorporate the latest in learner-centered technology, including personalization, gamification, data science, usability and omni-channel delivery.
We're sitting in a pivotal time in the BenchPrep history. The number of learners on our cloud-based learning platform has reached almost 7 million in 2023.
We're committed to helping people learn better, and that starts with our own people.
This position is remote (along with all of our BenchPrep positions).
What you'll do in the role:
We are looking for a highly motivated, self-starter sales executive to join our growing team. This Enterprise Account Executive (EAE) will be responsible for developing and closing new business within our Credentialing Body segment. Our most successful EAE's are master relationship builders, internally and externally. They bring a natural curiosity to our product, our market, but most importantly, our prospect's goals. That blend of relationship skills and curiosity is exercised through collaborative strategic solutioning of the BenchPrep product to our core market of associations and training companies. We don't need our EAE's to be technical experts; but they should know enough about the product to be dangerous while focusing energy on continuous discovery and relationships.
What you can expect:
New Logo Sales: This role is entirely new logo sales and not for those that want to manage accounts (in fact, after your deal is closed, it’s shipped off to the implementation and later the customer success team to manage). That’s why we crave “hunters” for this role.
- Credentialing Body Segment: In this role, you’ll specifically be focused on accounts in our credentialing bodies segment. These customers will use BenchPrep to power their online study programs (similarly to customers of ours such as ACT, CompTia, GMAC and the HR Certification Institute).
- Prospecting: As mentioned above, you won’t be handed a book of business to manage once you start. Instead, you’ll be handed a target account list to go after. You will be assigned a BDR to help you prospect, but we expect you to do about 30% of your own prospecting (70% coming from BDRs or Marketing).
Enterprise Deals: This is enterprise, consultative sales and therefore not a transactional sale. Our sales cycle tends to take at least about 3 months from start to close, given the complexity of the product solution and the need to collaborate with multiple internal and external stakeholders. While it’s not likely you’ll close a deal every month, we do love an ambitious seller!
- Strategic/Consultative Selling: Our prospects and customers look at us as advisors on their learning platforms. You’ll be expected to navigate an org chart like none other and find the various decision makers and change your selling approach accordingly.
- Virtual Selling: We, along with most of our clients, are working remote. Most of your selling will be via phone and video calls, with (very) occasional travel to conferences and/or clients.
How you’ll become successful:
- Develop and execute an account based business development approach to the credentialing body market.
- Master and demonstrate product knowledge; ongoing curiosity about the product and roadmap
- In coordination with internal sales enablement resources such as Marketing and BDRs, build and take ownership of a long term account penetration plan with self determined iterative milestones
- Effectively communicate the BenchPrep value proposition (primarily virtually) to drive and convert leads to opportunities
- Coordinate with the product team to deliver powerful product demonstrations while mitigating technical and integration hurdles
- Participate in qualitative research to understand the goals of the customers and customers of their customers; Work in coordination with Marketing on updating buyer personas
**Skills & Experiences We Value:
- We tend to seek around 6+ years of direct sales experience in an Account Executive or equivalent quota carrying role.
- Proven experience and capability of carrying a quota and reaching (or exceeding) sales quotas of over $750K annually.
- Experience working with Enterprise level sales ($100K and above) in matrixed organizations where decision making is distributed and proven experience managing and closing complex sales-cycles and selling into Associations or similar organization types where Board approval is part of the buying process.
- Experience in Education Technology, specifically focused on the Credentialing Body segment strongly preferred for this hire.
**Note: We know that excellent candidates can have all sorts of backgrounds and experiences, so please don’t hesitate to apply even if you don’t meet 100% of the listed requirements!
About the team:
Here at BenchPrep, the sales team drives the growth of our business. We are strong, dynamic, and wear many hats. True to startup culture, we aren’t afraid to roll up our sleeves to get the job done. We are inspired by a shared mission to help millions learn better and faster through our unique platform.
Life at BenchPrep:
We work at BenchPrep because we’re dedicated to the mission and each day we have an opportunity to be challenged and learn. We work hard and have lots of fun. Culture is our lifeline at BenchPrep. We celebrate our people, both professionally and personally. We care about learning so much that we offer employees $1,200 annually to develop their skills so they can continue to operate everyday with new skills. It’s no wonder we were selected in Inc’s Best Workplaces of 2020 and Crain’s 2020 Best Places to Work in Chicago lists. The salary range for this position is between $90,000-$100,000 + variable commission plan, and is set based on Chicago market data. Please note this refers to the amount BenchPrep is willing to pay at the time of this posting.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.