Senior Software Developer (Non-US)
Reports to: Director of Products
Salary: US $145,500 x COL (example $145,500 x 47.7% (COL Chile)=$69,403 for a candidate from Chile)
We are seeking a Senior Software Developer to join our growing Product Development team. The Senior Software Developer will make meaningful contributions to BEMO's core products, tech-enabled service offerings, and deliver continuous value to small and medium-sized businesses around the globe who count on BEMO to help them securely conduct business in today’s connected world.
Please read the job description carefully before applying.
BEMO is rapidly-growing company and the Product Department is a key factor in this growth. We deliver continuous value to market and delight our users with the quality of our work. We use lean start-up techniques to fail fast together, grow from validated learning, and celebrate our achievements. We bring our own unique experiences and contributions to the fabric of the team and to BEMO as a whole. We work hard, we play hard, and we are obsessed with learning how to get better.
And we are counting on you to help us take the next step.
At BEMO, competencies for the IC4 level are as follows:
· In-depth specialist knowledge and ability to expand and share that knowledge with team members.
· Skilled problem-solver and critical thinker when faced with new or unfamiliar challenges.
· Strong network of connections with senior professionals within and outside of your area of expertise.
· Make well-informed, data-driven decisions and seek input from relevant stakeholders as needed.
· Consider the big picture and potential consequences when making development decisions, adjusting the approach as needed to mitigate risk.
· Understand how BEMO's strategy affects the team's objectives and may be involved in setting cross-departmental goals.
· Proactive in taking ownership and using initiative to positively impact the organization.
· Build strong relationships with team members and colleagues in other departments.
· Influence others at your level and learn to influence more senior stakeholders in decision-making, planning, and timelines.
· Provide actionable feedback to drive improvement.
· Share expertise with less experienced team members to help them accelerate their learning.
· Understand the importance of being a role model, actively seeking feedback from others, and developing the ability to provide clear and actionable feedback to my peers and manager.
Responsibilities & Primary Goals
As a Senior Software Developer at BEMO, you will address development and deployment challenges with proficiency and insight. Your role requires the ability to deliver efficient, iterative, and scalable solutions for client-facing products within a dynamic startup ecosystem. We're looking for someone experienced in client-facing software development with hands-on backend/full-stack .NET and Azure experience to extend product capabilities and deliver value to market.
• Design, code, test, and deliver BEMO products and applications (Azure, .NET, C#, Power Apps, PowerShell, etc.)
• Execute the established scrum-based product development lifecycle to deliver continuous, measurable value to market.
• Help to refine departmental coding, testing (unit, integration, automated), security, and code review standards.
• Exhibit strong competency in core professional skills, especially attention to detail, responsiveness, follow-through, and flexibility, with a high degree of emotional intelligence and tact.
• Conduct yourself in accordance with Bemo’s core values (accountability, agility, focus, fun, teamwork, and transparency) at all times.
• Work with the Product Owner to define, refine, and decompose new product development efforts into achievable slices that deliver continuous value sprint-over-sprint along an appropriate architectural runway.
• Ensure acceptance criteria for all work are achievable in the beginning and met in the end.
• Participate in structured walk-throughs, security reviews, and technical reviews to ensure application coding and design follows secure coding and design principles.
• Actively support and participate in all team agile ceremonies.
• Create and maintain system architecture diagrams for development work.
• Consistently seeks to improve technical knowledge in Microsoft technology, security, compliance by spending a portion of their time dedicated to certifications.
• Self-motivated drive for excellence
• Constantly seeks to delight colleagues and customers alike – our ultimate success as a team will be measured by this.
• Other duties and development responsibilities as our team and company evolves
• BEMO is a global, fully remote company with mainly non-technical stakeholders, so excellent written and spoken English communication skills and a strong ability to empathize and engage with others are essential. Without these skills, technical expertise alone won't be enough to succeed.
• Bachelor’s degree in computer science (or equivalent) with 5+ years of experience in product development, particularly in lean start-up environments.
• Demonstrated experience designing and developing customer-facing applications in Microsoft cloud environments (Azure, C#, backend/full-stack ASP.NET, Power Apps, REST API, etc.) that interface with many Microsoft cloud applications and technologies.
• Contributor to a healthy, efficient, and evolving agile environment (non-denominational sprint-based scrum/kanban in Azure DevOps) and a champion of the business need to deliver continuous user value to market sprint-over-sprint.
• Proven experience with Microsoft cloud technology and applications, including but not limited to Microsoft Azure, Microsoft 365, Microsoft Intune, Microsoft Partner Center, Azure Active Directory, Microsoft Copilot, Microsoft Lighthouse, Microsoft Azure Sentinel, Microsoft Defender, Azure DevOps, etc.
• An eager learner with the enthusiasm and capacity to learn new Microsoft technologies to enhance our business, stakeholder engagement, and user experience.
• Strong problem-solving skills with an analytical mindset.
• A collaborative team player willing to support colleagues and capable of sharing responsibilities to meet team goals.
• Has experience mentoring Junior and Intermediate developers to help the team, department, and company grow our capabilities.
• Ability to build and maintain a high level of trust with internal teams and stakeholders.
• A passion for continuous learning.
Specialized Knowledge or Skills Preferred
- Microsoft Azure certifications a plus (AZ-400, AZ-305, AZ-204, DP-203, AZ-500, AZ-900, DP-900)
- Familiarity and opinions on design patterns relevant to scalable web applications
- Experience with UI/UX concepts and front-end technologies
- Experience delivering high-quality applications using various testing concepts: Unit testing, integration testing, regression testing, automated testing, and test-driven development.
- Experience with database design and data management on applications that consume and generate large volumes of data.
- Familiarity with artificial intelligence (AI) and machine learning (ML) concepts and their application in a business context.
If you are ready to take the next step, ensure the following acceptance criteria are met by your application. Submissions that do not meet these acceptance criteria will not be considered:
1) Include your most recent resume
2) Include links to any open-source projects or any other projects you contributed to
3) Must include a cover letter:
a. Cover letter is no more than 5 paragraphs in total
b. One paragraph of no more than 3 sentences that tells us how your experience and individuality would make BEMO a better place
c. Another paragraph of no more than 3 sentences that tell us about a large customer-facing product you contributed to of which you are more proud
d. A final paragraph that includes a link to a YouTube clip from your favorite movie and tell us what you like about it