Component Test Engineer
Costa Mesa, CA, USA
Posted on Wednesday, August 7, 2019
Anduril Industries is a defense technology company with a mission to transform U.S. and allied military capabilities with advanced technology. By bringing the expertise, technology, and business model of the 21st century’s most innovative companies to the defense industry, Anduril is changing how military systems are designed, built and sold. Anduril’s family of systems is powered by Lattice OS, an AI-powered operating system that turns thousands of data streams into a realtime, 3D command and control center. As the world enters an era of strategic competition, Anduril is committed to bringing cutting-edge autonomy, AI, computer vision, sensor fusion, and networking technology to the military in months, not years.
We are looking for a Senior Electrical Test Engineer to join our team!
WHAT YOU'LL DO
- Lead and own End of Line test plan definition for new products and new features, in collaboration with firmware, software, and hardware design teams
- Determine test strategies that optimize product safety, product reliability, risk mitigation, FMEA coverage, and schedule
- Design and execution of PCBA and electrical system components with hands on testing and rework as necessary
- Data analysis and clear communication of results and collaboration with design engineers to resolve any product problems found via test
- Design and implement next generation test automation hardware systems to facilitate fast and repeatable testing of product
- Manage purchasing, build, integration and final commissioning of functional testers
- Develop test procedures and test automation from component level to system level
- Support board bring-up and bench validation as needed
- Support Design Engineer with DFT, provide feedback from test results to improve quality and test coverage
- Support manufacture test bring-up and yield
- Support quality field failure analysis
- Familiarity with measurement analysis techniques such as Gage RR and Process Capability Analysis
- Bachelor’s Degree or Master’s Degree in Electrical Engineer or equivalent
- 5+ years of experience designing functional test equipment and PCBAs
- Experience in Schematic Capture and PCBA layout.
- Knowledge of scripting language to develop automation. Python, Matlab, PERL or SHELL. Experience in LabVIEW is a plus
- Understanding of peripherals and developing test and validation strategies
- Experience with computer hardware communication bus protocols: USB, I2C, I2S, CSI, Ethernet, SPI, PCIe, HDMI, CAN, etc
- Understanding of memory hierarchy and developing test and validation strategy
- Understanding of Product Release Cycle from prototype to production and key deliverables of each phase
- Collaborate with a cross-functional team to support product development from prototype to production
- Experience with hands-on electrical engineering work
- U.S. Person status is required as this position needs to access export controlled data
- Understanding both hardware and software integration and test process
- Advance proficiency in MS Word, Excel, PowerPoint and VISIO
- Understanding of lab safety protocols when working in all types of lab environment
- A detail-oriented individual who strives in an environment that values effective team collaboration
- Self-motivated: Demonstrate ability to set direction and proactively identify and fills gaps where needed
The salary range for this role is an estimate based on a wide range of compensation factors, inclusive of base salary only. Actual salary offer may vary based on (but not limited to) work experience, education and/or training, critical skills, and/or business considerations. Highly competitive equity grants are included in all offers and are considered part of Anduril’s total compensation package. Additionally, Anduril offers top-tier benefits, including comprehensive medical, dental, and vision plans, employee life and disability, mental health and family planning benefits with all premiums paid by Anduril. Anduril provides fully paid medical leave, paid company holidays, and paid time off. A professional development stipend is available to all Andurilians and all on-site meals are fully subsidized during the work week through use of our gourmet kitchens. The recruiter assigned to this role can share more information about the specific compensation and benefit details associated with this role during the hiring process.
Anduril is an equal-opportunity employer committed to creating a diverse and inclusive workplace. The Anduril team is made up of incredibly talented and unique individuals, who together are disrupting industry norms by creating new paths towards the future of defense technology. All qualified applicants will be treated with respect and receive equal consideration for employment without regard to race, color, creed, religion, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, national origin, disability, uniform service, Veteran status, age, or any other protected characteristic per federal, state, or local law, including those with a criminal history, in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable state and local laws, including the CA Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance. We actively encourage members of recognized minorities, women, Veterans, and those with disabilities to apply, and we work to create a welcoming and supportive environment for all applicants throughout the interview process. If you are someone passionate about working on problems that have a real-world impact, we’d love to hear from you!
See more open positions at Anduril Industries
Something looks off?