Senior Electrical System Test Engineer
Other Engineering, Quality Assurance
Costa Mesa, CA, USA
Posted on Friday, November 19, 2021
Anduril Industries is a defense technology company with a mission to transform U.S. and allied military capabilities with advanced technology. By bringing the expertise, technology, and business model of the 21st century’s most innovative companies to the defense industry, Anduril is changing how military systems are designed, built and sold. Anduril’s family of systems is powered by Lattice OS, an AI-powered operating system that turns thousands of data streams into a realtime, 3D command and control center. As the world enters an era of strategic competition, Anduril is committed to bringing cutting-edge autonomy, AI, computer vision, sensor fusion, and networking technology to the military in months, not years.
WHAT YOU'LL DO
- Create, maintain electrical system test strategy, and test plans for various UAV and Ground Control products
- Analyze and drive coverage and analysis of failures observed in integration and system level testing
- Integration testing of electrical subsystems and functionality
- Facilitate electrical system performance, calibration, durability, and environmental testing of developmental hardware per test plan
- Develop and maintain test standards, design, and develop test equipment or procuring and handling purchased test capital equipment to support test readiness
- Act as a liaison to conduct test ground and flight testing and support flight test team during tests
- Leverage data analysis and existing tools to reproduce and characterize failures
- Validation of automated test systems
- Bachelor’s degree in Electrical/Electronics, Computer, Mechanical Engineering, or related fields
- 5+ years of relevant industry experience with emphasis on hardware validation and verification testing
- Familiarity with hardware development life cycle, reliability, and compliance testing
- General understanding of engineering concepts, principles, and theory with technical experience demonstrating the application of those concepts while ensuring safety and regulatory compliance
- Familiarity with Python and/or MATLAB for data parsing and data visualization
- Familiarity with electronics test equipment such as power supplies, electronic loads, oscilloscope, function generators, data acquisition and measurement sensors
- Familiarity with environmental testing such as MIL-STD-810 and MIL-STD-461
- Strong root cause analysis skills
- Excellent written, verbal, interpersonal and communication skills
- Ability to travel to and work at remote sites supporting test integration, commissioning and training as required
- Must be able to obtain and hold a U.S. Top Secret security clearance
- 10+ years of relevant industry experience
- Pursuing a Master’s of Science or PHD in Electrical Engineering, Electronics Engineering Mechanical Engineering, Computer Science or related field
- Experience with firmware integration, vehicle level validation and debugging
- Demonstrated knowledge of regulatory compliance standards
The salary range for this role is an estimate based on a wide range of compensation factors, inclusive of base salary only. Actual salary offer may vary based on (but not limited to) work experience, education and/or training, critical skills, and/or business considerations. Highly competitive equity grants are included in all offers and are considered part of Anduril’s total compensation package. Additionally, Anduril offers top-tier benefits, including comprehensive medical, dental, and vision plans, employee life and disability, mental health and family planning benefits with all premiums paid by Anduril. Anduril provides fully paid medical leave, paid company holidays, and paid time off. A professional development stipend is available to all Andurilians and all on-site meals are fully subsidized during the work week through use of our gourmet kitchens. The recruiter assigned to this role can share more information about the specific compensation and benefit details associated with this role during the hiring process.
Anduril is an equal-opportunity employer committed to creating a diverse and inclusive workplace. The Anduril team is made up of incredibly talented and unique individuals, who together are disrupting industry norms by creating new paths towards the future of defense technology. All qualified applicants will be treated with respect and receive equal consideration for employment without regard to race, color, creed, religion, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, national origin, disability, uniform service, Veteran status, age, or any other protected characteristic per federal, state, or local law, including those with a criminal history, in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable state and local laws, including the CA Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance. We actively encourage members of recognized minorities, women, Veterans, and those with disabilities to apply, and we work to create a welcoming and supportive environment for all applicants throughout the interview process. If you are someone passionate about working on problems that have a real-world impact, we’d love to hear from you!
See more open positions at Anduril Industries
Something looks off?