Design and Systems Engineer - AREA-I
Software Engineering, Design
Atlanta, GA, USA
Posted on Wednesday, July 7, 2021
Anduril Industries is a defense technology company with a mission to transform U.S. and allied military capabilities with advanced technology. By bringing the expertise, technology, and business model of the 21st century’s most innovative companies to the defense industry, Anduril is changing how military systems are designed, built and sold. Anduril’s family of systems is powered by Lattice OS, an AI-powered operating system that turns thousands of data streams into a realtime, 3D command and control center. As the world enters an era of strategic competition, Anduril is committed to bringing cutting-edge autonomy, AI, computer vision, sensor fusion, and networking technology to the military in months, not years.
WHAT YOULL DO
Fully qualified Design and Systems Engineers in the Flight Systems Directorate apply engineering principles, experience, creativity, and subject matter expertise to perform and document many critical functions to support program and product teams.
- Assisting PMs with projection of life cycle cost, performance, and risk and with planning and management of cost, schedule, system performance, risk during development
- Requirements generation, derivation, analysis, de-confliction, and compliance
- Configuration management
- Identification and mitigation of technical risk
- System safety analyses; identification and mitigation of hazards related to hardware, software, interfaces, personnel, operations and environment; and root cause and failure effects analyses
- ·Assisting chief engineers to ensure professional quality and technical sufficiency of contract deliverables
- o Requirements documentation, trade studies, and traceability verification
- o Interface Control Documents (ICDs) and System Design Documents (SDDs)
- o System Safety Program Plans (SSPPs) and Safety Assessment Reports (SARs)
- o Test and evaluation master plans, subsystem and integration test plans, acceptance test plans etc....
- o Technical data and drawing packages
ROLES MAY INCLUDE:
- Conceptual and preliminary design of UAS and constituent systems
- Integration of advanced, miniaturized, modular mission and flight systems, including comm and data links, navigation systems, propulsion systems, and payloads
- Defining and conducting bench, integration, software-in-the-loop (SIL), and hardware-in-the-loop (HIL) testing of components or systems
- Planning (including design of experiments), data collection, and data analysis for flight and ground tests
- Developing prototypes
- Creating and maintaining test apparatus or simulation environments
- Developing relationships with subsystem vendors
- Facilitating multi-disciplinary effort within and across programs
- Positions may be available from entry-level to subject matter experts, engineering managers, or chief engineers for programs or product development teams. Hiring and placement will depend on candidate qualifications and experience and company need.
- BS from an accredited institution in Aerospace Engineering, Robotics, Computer Science, Electrical Engineering, Mechanical Engineering, Mechatronics, or related disciplines.
- Able to obtain and hold a U.S. Secret security clearance.
- Effective personal and technical communication skills, including strong data visualization, technical documentation and reporting, and technical presentation skills.
- Professional interpersonal and teamwork skills.
- Advanced degree from an accredited institution in one of the disciplines listed above or related disciplines.
- Strong understanding of software and avionics components and their interactions in UAS applications.
- Experience as an engineering subject matter expert for aircraft or UAS programs.
- Experience designing, testing, and validating new aircraft hardware, firmware, and software systems.
- Experience with flight test engineering, design of experiments, data collection, and data analysis to support flight system development and demonstration.
- Experience with root cause and failure effects analysis.
- Experience creating and maintaining design documentation.
- Skill with 3D CAD (SolidWorks desired) and creation and interpretation of production drawings, including applying and interpreting Geometric Dimensioning and Tolerancing (GD&T).
- Experience and expertise in miniaturized, flight-qualified payloads, including RF/EW systems, energetic payloads and fusing, EO/IR sensors and laser designators and illuminators, advanced GPS systems, and airborne networking and comm systems.
- Experience and expertise in aircraft design, including iterative refinement and optimization of flight vehicle designs to meet performance requirements and assure readiness for manufacturing. This work may include design of composite fuselages or flight surfaces, internal structural components, propulsion systems, or payloads.
The salary range for this role is an estimate based on a wide range of compensation factors, inclusive of base salary only. Actual salary offer may vary based on (but not limited to) work experience, education and/or training, critical skills, and/or business considerations. Highly competitive equity grants are included in all offers and are considered part of Anduril’s total compensation package. Additionally, Anduril offers top-tier benefits, including comprehensive medical, dental, and vision plans, employee life and disability, mental health and family planning benefits with all premiums paid by Anduril. Anduril provides fully paid medical leave, paid company holidays, and paid time off. A professional development stipend is available to all Andurilians and all on-site meals are fully subsidized during the work week through use of our gourmet kitchens. The recruiter assigned to this role can share more information about the specific compensation and benefit details associated with this role during the hiring process.
Anduril is an equal-opportunity employer committed to creating a diverse and inclusive workplace. The Anduril team is made up of incredibly talented and unique individuals, who together are disrupting industry norms by creating new paths towards the future of defense technology. All qualified applicants will be treated with respect and receive equal consideration for employment without regard to race, color, creed, religion, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, national origin, disability, uniform service, Veteran status, age, or any other protected characteristic per federal, state, or local law, including those with a criminal history, in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable state and local laws, including the CA Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance. We actively encourage members of recognized minorities, women, Veterans, and those with disabilities to apply, and we work to create a welcoming and supportive environment for all applicants throughout the interview process. If you are someone passionate about working on problems that have a real-world impact, we’d love to hear from you!
See more open positions at Anduril Industries
Something looks off?