Software Engineer, Carbon
Anduril Industries is a defense technology company with a mission to transform U.S. and allied military capabilities with advanced technology. By bringing the expertise, technology, and business model of the 21st century’s most innovative companies to the defense industry, Anduril is changing how military systems are designed, built and sold. Anduril’s family of systems is powered by Lattice OS, an AI-powered operating system that turns thousands of data streams into a realtime, 3D command and control center. As the world enters an era of strategic competition, Anduril is committed to bringing cutting-edge autonomy, AI, computer vision, sensor fusion, and networking technology to the military in months, not years.
Our team builds software that beautifully visualizes both real and simulated data that can be historical or live. It lets users create “what ifs” to evaluate mission concepts and is often used for Business Development and Engineering purposes. It also acts as the visual client for our Mission Simulation product.
WHAT YOU’LL DO
- Partner with stakeholders to establish clear priorities and define expectations which translate to a scope of work that you and the team can effectively deliver on
- Identify technical risks and their solutions, collaborating with the broader engineering groups at Anduril.
- Ensure client stability by diagnosing and resolving defects.
- Analyze and optimize both memory and performance in systems that have to scale from high-end desktops to mobile AR systems
- Identify problems; solve them: implement robust, high-quality solutions
- Excellent C++ skills and software engineering principles
- Experience working in large codebases to solve complex problems.
- Minimum five years of professional programming experience
- Solid understanding of 3D math
- Ability to write clean, maintainable and extensible code with attention to reusability
- Experience in a broad range of engineering areas on shipping games or real time visualization systems, with special attention given to low-level code
- Excellent spoken and written communication
- US Person status (permanent resident or citizen) is required as this position needs to access export controlled data
- Linux development experience
- Experience developing on console platforms.
- Shipped at least one AAA game title in a similar role.
- Be able to obtain and hold a U.S. Top Secret security clearance
The salary range for this role is an estimate based on a wide range of compensation factors, inclusive of base salary only. Actual salary offer may vary based on (but not limited to) work experience, education and/or training, critical skills, and/or business considerations. Highly competitive equity grants are included in all offers; and are considered part of Anduril’s total compensation package. Additionally, Anduril offers top-tier benefits, including comprehensive Medical, Dental, and Vision Plans, employee life and disability, mental health and family planning benefits with all premiums paid by Anduril. Anduril provides fully paid medical leave, paid company holidays, and Paid Time Off. A professional development stipend is available to all Andurilians, and all on-site meals fully subsidized during the work week with gourmet kitchens. The recruiter assigned to this role can share more information about the specific compensation and benefit details associated with this role during the hiring process.
Anduril is an equal-opportunity employer committed to creating a diverse and inclusive workplace. The Anduril team is made up of incredibly talented and unique individuals, who together are disrupting industry norms by creating new paths towards the future of defense technology. All qualified applicants will be treated with respect and receive equal consideration for employment without regard to race, color, creed, religion, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, national origin, disability, uniform service, Veteran status, age, or any other protected characteristic per federal, state, or local law, including those with a criminal history, in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable state and local laws, including the CA Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance. We actively encourage members of recognized minorities, women, Veterans, and those with disabilities to apply, and we work to create a welcoming and supportive environment for all applicants throughout the interview process. If you are someone passionate about working on problems that have a real-world impact, we’d love to hear from you!