Lead Embedded Software Engineer
Anduril Industries is a defense technology company with a mission to transform U.S. and allied military capabilities with advanced technology. By bringing the expertise, technology, and business model of the 21st century’s most innovative companies to the defense industry, Anduril is changing how military systems are designed, built and sold. Anduril’s family of systems is powered by Lattice OS, an AI-powered operating system that turns thousands of data streams into a realtime, 3D command and control center. As the world enters an era of strategic competition, Anduril is committed to bringing cutting-edge autonomy, AI, computer vision, sensor fusion, and networking technology to the military in months, not years.
- Lead high-impact projects through requirements analysis, design, and execution
- Provide technical leadership across a group of about 10-15 Flight Software Engineers
- Develop microcontroller software using RTOS
- Develop device drivers, protocols, and APIs for aircraft sensors
- Integrate new features and sensors into flight controller software
- Create aircraft control systems
- Create SITL/HITL test fixtures
- Analyze flight test results
- Support device manufacturing efforts
- Support operational aircraft deployment
- Gain a working understanding of Anduril’s business lines and collaborate with leaders to build cohesive, end-to-end experiences for our users
- Communicate effectively to plan, execute, and deliver results across multiple teams and functions
- Be an advocate for excellent engineering culture across the team
- Mentor and coach engineers on the team to help them achieve their results and grow their careers
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, Robotics, Electrical Engineering, or related field, or equivalent experience
- 7 or more years of experience in Embedded Software or related technical experience
- Direct experience with DO-178 standards or similar design assurance standards and processes
- Direct experience in aircraft embedded software or other safety critical systems
- Strong C programming skills
- Background in low-level embedded software architecture, design, and development
- Low-level device driver development, experience with microcontrollers and application processors
- Comfortable with typical embedded systems tools, compilers, debuggers and IDEs
- Familiarity with communications busses and protocols such as CAN, CANFD, ARINC-825, ARINC-429, MIL-STD-1553, UART/RS232/RS422/RS485, SPI, QSPI, I2C, Ethernet, etc.
- Strong debugging skills through use of instrumentation such as oscilloscopes and protocol analyzers
- Familiarity with revision control systems
- Must be eligible to obtain and maintain a U.S. Top Secret clearance
- Competitive base salary + premium benefits + equity (final salary will be based on a number of factors including, level, relevant prior experience, skills and expertise)
- Flexible Time off Policy and Company-wide Holidays (including a winter break)
- Premium Health Insurance options including Medical, Dental, Vision
- Retirement; 401k offering
- 16 weeks of paid parental leave
- Family planning: We’re proud to offer comprehensive family planning support. Fertility planning and treatment, adoption support, gestational carrier support and fertility preservation are all included.
- Unlimited Provisions: From breakfast to dinner, our kitchen team has you covered with healthy meals and snacks at every office.
- Relocation assistance
The salary range for this role is an estimate based on a wide range of compensation factors, inclusive of base salary only. Actual salary offer may vary based on (but not limited to) work experience, education and/or training, critical skills, and/or business considerations. Highly competitive equity grants are included in all offers; and are considered part of Anduril’s total compensation package. Additionally, Anduril offers top-tier benefits, including comprehensive Medical, Dental, and Vision Plans, employee life and disability, mental health and family planning benefits with all premiums paid by Anduril. Anduril provides fully paid medical leave, paid company holidays, and Paid Time Off. A professional development stipend is available to all Andurilians, and all on-site meals fully subsidized during the work week with gourmet kitchens. The recruiter assigned to this role can share more information about the specific compensation and benefit details associated with this role during the hiring process.
Anduril is an equal-opportunity employer committed to creating a diverse and inclusive workplace. The Anduril team is made up of incredibly talented and unique individuals, who together are disrupting industry norms by creating new paths towards the future of defense technology. All qualified applicants will be treated with respect and receive equal consideration for employment without regard to race, color, creed, religion, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, national origin, disability, uniform service, Veteran status, age, or any other protected characteristic per federal, state, or local law, including those with a criminal history, in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable state and local laws, including the CA Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance. We actively encourage members of recognized minorities, women, Veterans, and those with disabilities to apply, and we work to create a welcoming and supportive environment for all applicants throughout the interview process. If you are someone passionate about working on problems that have a real-world impact, we’d love to hear from you!