Rapid Prototype R&D Engineer
Anduril Industries is a defense technology company with a mission to transform U.S. and allied military capabilities with advanced technology. By bringing the expertise, technology, and business model of the 21st century’s most innovative companies to the defense industry, Anduril is changing how military systems are designed, built and sold. Anduril’s family of systems is powered by Lattice OS, an AI-powered operating system that turns thousands of data streams into a realtime, 3D command and control center. As the world enters an era of strategic competition, Anduril is committed to bringing cutting-edge autonomy, AI, computer vision, sensor fusion, and networking technology to the military in months, not years.
WHAT YOU'LL DO
- Work with our Architecture and Engineering Teams to rapidly develop Group 2 UAS and Counter UAS Aircraft
- Pilot developmental aircraft and provide feedback/inform changes in order to meet requirements
- Expected to work closely with teams including, but not limited to: Hardware, Software, Firmware engineering, manufacturing, engineering testing, technical operations, business strategy/programs, etc.
- Travel to our test sites to perform flight tests.
- Work with technicians and other engineers hands-on, building prototype hardware
- Execute a variety of tasks to ensure the product stays on track. These tasks can take many forms as a R&D Engineer you should be prepared to fill any gap to de-risk the roadmap
- Aptitude for working with internal and external stakeholders, across a wide range of technical areas.
- Comfortable and proficient at working with prototype assemblies.
- Ability to multi-task.
- Ability to demonstrate core competencies Piloting aircraft.
- FAA-Part 107 UAS License.
- Willingness to travel as needed.
- Demonstrated experience with many aspects of aircraft fabrication, assembly, and operation including Piloting, Guidance, Navigation, and Controls.
- Proficient with common hand tools and light power tools.
- Proficient with computer use (standard browser, word processing applications).
- Working knowledge of common electrical components.
- Ability to rapidly change roles/responsibilities while working in a fast paced, challenging work environment.
- Ability to effectively communicate (verbal and written) with engineering, test, and production.
- Mechanically assemble complex electro-mechanical assemblies.
- Ability to generate work instructions for production builds.
- Must be able to obtain and hold a U.S. Top Secret security clearance.
The salary range for this role is an estimate based on a wide range of compensation factors, inclusive of base salary only. Actual salary offer may vary based on (but not limited to) work experience, education and/or training, critical skills, and/or business considerations. Highly competitive equity grants are included in all offers; and are considered part of Anduril’s total compensation package. Additionally, Anduril offers top-tier benefits, including comprehensive Medical, Dental, and Vision Plans, employee life and disability, mental health and family planning benefits with all premiums paid by Anduril. Anduril provides fully paid medical leave, paid company holidays, and Paid Time Off. A professional development stipend is available to all Andurilians, and all on-site meals fully subsidized during the work week with gourmet kitchens. The recruiter assigned to this role can share more information about the specific compensation and benefit details associated with this role during the hiring process.
Anduril is an equal-opportunity employer committed to creating a diverse and inclusive workplace. The Anduril team is made up of incredibly talented and unique individuals, who together are disrupting industry norms by creating new paths towards the future of defense technology. All qualified applicants will be treated with respect and receive equal consideration for employment without regard to race, color, creed, religion, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, national origin, disability, uniform service, Veteran status, age, or any other protected characteristic per federal, state, or local law, including those with a criminal history, in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable state and local laws, including the CA Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance. We actively encourage members of recognized minorities, women, Veterans, and those with disabilities to apply, and we work to create a welcoming and supportive environment for all applicants throughout the interview process. If you are someone passionate about working on problems that have a real-world impact, we’d love to hear from you!