Anduril Industries is a defense technology company with a mission to transform U.S. and allied military capabilities with advanced technology. By bringing the expertise, technology, and business model of the 21st century’s most innovative companies to the defense industry, Anduril is changing how military systems are designed, built and sold. Anduril’s family of systems is powered by Lattice OS, an AI-powered operating system that turns thousands of data streams into a realtime, 3D command and control center. As the world enters an era of strategic competition, Anduril is committed to bringing cutting-edge autonomy, AI, computer vision, sensor fusion, and networking technology to the military in months, not years.
As a Chemist, you will to support Anduril’s solid rocket motor research, development, and manufacturing efforts. This position will support national defense initiatives by performing operations related to mixing, casting, and assembly of energetic materials, hardware, and related products, as well as the destructive and non-destructive testing of energetic materials, inert materials, and rocket motors.
- Mixing, casting, and preparation of chemical operations.
- Data collection and data entry.
- Collect, identify, and prepare various samples for analysis.
- Set up, maintain, and operate various types of laboratory equipment.
- Perform other job-related duties as assigned.
- Associates degree in general science or 2 years of wet lab and chemical handling experience.
- Ability to work in a dynamic environment.
- Proficient in the use of hand tools and measuring instruments (viscometer, calipers, etc.)
- Follow safety precautions regarding energetic operations, testing operations, and chemical handling.
- U.S. Person status is required as this position needs to access export controlled data
- Mechanical aptitude and experience working with equipment
- Proficient with computer applications
- Experience in chemistry, manufacturing, or other similar field
- Ability to obtain and hold a U.S. Top Secret security clearance
- Experience with the aerospace and defense industries
- Ability to work at a fast pace, medium to heavy duty assembly, technical environment
- Fit enough to deal with regular stair climbing, frequent bending, stooping, kneeling, twisting, turning, and standing for extended periods
- Capable of lifting at least 40 pounds and withstand frequent repetitive movement of hands with a variety of tooling
The salary range for this role is an estimate based on a wide range of compensation factors, inclusive of base salary only. Actual salary offer may vary based on (but not limited to) work experience, education and/or training, critical skills, and/or business considerations. Highly competitive equity grants are included in all offers; and are considered part of Anduril’s total compensation package. Additionally, Anduril offers top-tier benefits, including comprehensive Medical, Dental, and Vision Plans, employee life and disability, mental health and family planning benefits with all premiums paid by Anduril. Anduril provides fully paid medical leave, paid company holidays, and Paid Time Off. A professional development stipend is available to all Andurilians, and all on-site meals fully subsidized during the work week with gourmet kitchens. The recruiter assigned to this role can share more information about the specific compensation and benefit details associated with this role during the hiring process.
Anduril is an equal-opportunity employer committed to creating a diverse and inclusive workplace. The Anduril team is made up of incredibly talented and unique individuals, who together are disrupting industry norms by creating new paths towards the future of defense technology. All qualified applicants will be treated with respect and receive equal consideration for employment without regard to race, color, creed, religion, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, national origin, disability, uniform service, Veteran status, age, or any other protected characteristic per federal, state, or local law, including those with a criminal history, in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable state and local laws, including the CA Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance. We actively encourage members of recognized minorities, women, Veterans, and those with disabilities to apply, and we work to create a welcoming and supportive environment for all applicants throughout the interview process. If you are someone passionate about working on problems that have a real-world impact, we’d love to hear from you!