Lead Electronics Technician
Anduril Industries is a defense technology company with a mission to transform U.S. and allied military capabilities with advanced technology. By bringing the expertise, technology, and business model of the 21st century’s most innovative companies to the defense industry, Anduril is changing how military systems are designed, built and sold. Anduril’s family of systems is powered by Lattice OS, an AI-powered operating system that turns thousands of data streams into a realtime, 3D command and control center. As the world enters an era of strategic competition, Anduril is committed to bringing cutting-edge autonomy, AI, computer vision, sensor fusion, and networking technology to the military in months, not years.
As our team continues to quickly grow, we are looking for motivated candidates that are inspired to work within an extremely energetic, creative, and innovative team that is passionate about subsea robotics and exploring the open ocean. We work in a highly dynamic environment where collaboration and idea sharing are a way of life.
We are seeking a Lead Electronics Technician to join our Pressure Vessel team at Anduril. Here you will work on cutting-edge technology aimed at advancing the state-of-the-possible in subsea robotics. You will play a key role in delivering our AUVs to our customers by working hands-on with our engineering team on a multi-disciplinary environment to scale our AUV production globally. This role will include building complex electromechanical assemblies and integrating them into the final product!
WHAT YOU'LL DO
- The Lead Electronics Technician will report to the Production Supervisor and work alongside other Electronics Technicians, leading technician staff in the production and delivery of Pressure Vessels through testing.
- While executing manufacturing operations, apply a higher level of knowledge and skills in hardware assembly, troubleshooting and repair.
- Prioritize work activities for operators to achieve target on time delivery goals. Handle multiple priorities, organize workload, and meet deadlines. Ensure they are working on the right thing at the right time.
- Be an active participant in 5S and continuous improvement activities. Provide feedback on ways to improve building process.
- Complete transactions in digital production systems (MES, NetSuite, JIRA) on daily basis.
- Ability to work on the line, provide training, and support new operator onboarding as required.
- Build a positive and collaborative team culture that promotes product knowledge, skills development, and X-training
- Show up every day with a high level of urgency and enthusiasm to get the job done
- Perform additional tasks in support of business objectives and/or to develop the individuals' skills
- 3+ years in electronics working in relevant fields such as robotics, defense, or aerospace
- Prior experience leading a team either in-kind or directly, in a fast-paced manufacturing environment
- Strong experience working with printed circuit boards (PCBAs) and wiring harness manufacturing
- Can interpret technical documentation (mechanical drawings, work instructions, equipment specs, electrical schematics, etc.)
- Extremely reliable, organized and detail-oriented with excellent verbal & written communication skills
- Must be able to lift 35lbs pounds regularly
- U.S. Person status is required as this position needs to access export controlled data
- Experience in sub-sea robotics (AUVs, UUVs, underwater equipment)
- Experience working with electrical systems up to 400VDc
- A self-motivated, self-disciplined individual is the ideal candidate for this position
- IPC 610 and/or 620 Certification
$30/hr – $46/hr
The salary range for this role is an estimate based on a wide range of compensation factors, inclusive of base salary only. Actual salary offer may vary based on (but not limited to) work experience, education and/or training, critical skills, and/or business considerations. Highly competitive equity grants are included in all offers; and are considered part of Anduril’s total compensation package. Additionally, Anduril offers top-tier benefits, including comprehensive Medical, Dental, and Vision Plans, employee life and disability, mental health and family planning benefits with all premiums paid by Anduril. Anduril provides fully paid medical leave, paid company holidays, and Paid Time Off. A professional development stipend is available to all Andurilians, and all on-site meals fully subsidized during the work week with gourmet kitchens. The recruiter assigned to this role can share more information about the specific compensation and benefit details associated with this role during the hiring process.
Anduril is an equal-opportunity employer committed to creating a diverse and inclusive workplace. The Anduril team is made up of incredibly talented and unique individuals, who together are disrupting industry norms by creating new paths towards the future of defense technology. All qualified applicants will be treated with respect and receive equal consideration for employment without regard to race, color, creed, religion, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, national origin, disability, uniform service, Veteran status, age, or any other protected characteristic per federal, state, or local law, including those with a criminal history, in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable state and local laws, including the CA Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance. We actively encourage members of recognized minorities, women, Veterans, and those with disabilities to apply, and we work to create a welcoming and supportive environment for all applicants throughout the interview process. If you are someone passionate about working on problems that have a real-world impact, we’d love to hear from you!