Senior/Staff Flight Test Engineer, Group 5
Anduril Industries is a defense technology company with a mission to transform U.S. and allied military capabilities with advanced technology. By bringing the expertise, technology, and business model of the 21st century’s most innovative companies to the defense industry, Anduril is changing how military systems are designed, built and sold. Anduril’s family of systems is powered by Lattice OS, an AI-powered operating system that turns thousands of data streams into a realtime, 3D command and control center. As the world enters an era of strategic competition, Anduril is committed to bringing cutting-edge autonomy, AI, computer vision, sensor fusion, and networking technology to the military in months, not years.
This position is looking for a highly motivated flight test engineer with emphasis in developmental test of a new and revolutionary Group 5 UAS, and experience performing test lead/manager responsibilities. You will work heavily with the program leadership and a wide spectrum of cross-departments to help build a team focused on solving hard problems and changing the industry forever. The role will be responsible for assisting on planning, coordination, execution and reporting on all facets of the test program.
The Test and Evaluation team at Anduril works across the entire spectrum of products and business lines, as well as all flight operations and test range management. Our team conducts full system level development testing, new production acceptance testing, sub-component qualification testing and much more. In short, if it involves test, we support it. If you are interested in working in an extremely innovative and fast paced environment, where your work directly makes an impact and difference in the products that are fielded this a fantastic opportunity.
WHAT YOU’LL DO
- Perform senior-level, development flight test engineer activities for the Fury UAS; emphasis placed on resource planning, conducting ground and flight test, initial issue investigation, and process improvement/development.
- Lead and/or be a part of a team of flight test engineers, functional engineers, and program representatives responsible for conducting ground and flight test events at private, and government-owned test ranges.
- Collect test data and perform initial data analysis for the system under test.
- Work closely with Engineering to develop requirements, discuss test results, to include collected data and observations.
- Work in a safe manner in accordance with established operating procedures and practices.
- 7+ years of experience as test conductor/director for developmental aircraft, weapons, or missile systems.
- A bachelor's degree or a related technical discipline from an accredited institution. May substitute equivalent engineering experience in lieu of education.
- Ability to travel as required for test planning and execution
- Extensive experience as a test conductor/test director for developmental aircraft, weapon, or missile systems
- Test engineering experience working with developmental systems of manned and/or unmanned aircraft to include requirements development, test planning and execution, and test reporting
- Must have a complete understanding of engineering concepts, principles, codes, and theory; experience demonstrating a broad application of those concepts; and, expanding knowledge of principles, concepts, theory, and practices in related technical specialties.
- Previous experience with and current working knowledge of MIL-STD-882E, MIL-STD-516C, MIL-STD-1553, MIL-STD-1760, AS5653, etc.
- Previous expertise and working knowledge of the National Airspace System, government restricted airspace and UAS operating rules and regulations thereof.
- Must possess the ability to understand new concepts quickly; apply them accurately; organize, schedule, and coordinate work phases; and determine the appropriate approach at the task level or, with assistance, at the project level to provide solutions to a range of complex problems.
- Strong computer and documentation experience.
- Must have strong communication (written and verbal) and interpersonal skills.
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team; able to perform complex tasks in one or more engineering areas.
- Able to work extended hours as required.
- Experience with large aircraft development and working with the Department of Defense (DoD)
- Ability to immediately obtain a U.S. Top Secret-Level security clearance.
- Bias for action – if you see a problem, you want to solve and fix it
- Experience managing individuals or teams of multiple individuals
- Experience with large UAS development
- Previous experience working within a Combined Test Force or equivalent
The salary range for this role is an estimate based on a wide range of compensation factors, inclusive of base salary only. Actual salary offer may vary based on (but not limited to) work experience, education and/or training, critical skills, and/or business considerations. Highly competitive equity grants are included in all offers; and are considered part of Anduril’s total compensation package. Additionally, Anduril offers top-tier benefits, including comprehensive Medical, Dental, and Vision Plans, employee life and disability, mental health and family planning benefits with all premiums paid by Anduril. Anduril provides fully paid medical leave, paid company holidays, and Paid Time Off. A professional development stipend is available to all Andurilians, and all on-site meals fully subsidized during the work week with gourmet kitchens. The recruiter assigned to this role can share more information about the specific compensation and benefit details associated with this role during the hiring process.
Anduril is an equal-opportunity employer committed to creating a diverse and inclusive workplace. The Anduril team is made up of incredibly talented and unique individuals, who together are disrupting industry norms by creating new paths towards the future of defense technology. All qualified applicants will be treated with respect and receive equal consideration for employment without regard to race, color, creed, religion, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, national origin, disability, uniform service, Veteran status, age, or any other protected characteristic per federal, state, or local law, including those with a criminal history, in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable state and local laws, including the CA Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance. We actively encourage members of recognized minorities, women, Veterans, and those with disabilities to apply, and we work to create a welcoming and supportive environment for all applicants throughout the interview process. If you are someone passionate about working on problems that have a real-world impact, we’d love to hear from you!