Senior Robotics Engineer
Anduril Industries is a defense technology company with a mission to transform U.S. and allied military capabilities with advanced technology. By bringing the expertise, technology, and business model of the 21st century’s most innovative companies to the defense industry, Anduril is changing how military systems are designed, built and sold. Anduril’s family of systems is powered by Lattice OS, an AI-powered operating system that turns thousands of data streams into a realtime, 3D command and control center. As the world enters an era of strategic competition, Anduril is committed to bringing cutting-edge autonomy, AI, computer vision, sensor fusion, and networking technology to the military in months, not years.
At Anduril Australia we are developing un-crewed maritime and air domain systems that leverage unsupervised autonomy for the delivery of long endurance, multi-mission capability to our customers. These projects, including but not limited to the Extra Large Autonomous Undersea Vehicle (XL-AUV) Program, require Senior Robotics Engineers with deep experience delivering robotic systems. The Senior Robotics Engineer strives to leverage their experience with robotic systems to rapidly architect, design, deliver, support, and evolve next generation autonomous vehicles through the entire product life-cycle.
WHAT YOU'LL DO
- Lead design and implementation of cutting-edge perception and planning algorithms into vehicle system software to ensure safe navigation and effective operation of autonomous vehicles
- Utilize advanced techniques in computer vision, sensor fusion, and machine learning to enhance perception and planning capabilities of Anduril vehicles
- Develop software that runs on- and off- platform, using a variety of technologies
- Contribute to the design and implementation of development processes for the initial delivery and subsequent iteration of robotic software, including full lifecycle testing
- Collaborate with an interdisciplinary team to integrate perception and planning technologies into vehicle architectures
- Conduct thorough testing and validation of perception and planning algorithms through simulation and real-world experiments
- Collaborate with cross-functional teams, including software engineers, mechanical engineers, and systems engineers, to ensure effective system integration and testing
- Bachelor’s degree in Robotics, Mechatronics, Computer Science, Engineering, a relevant field, or equivalent experience
- Experienced and proficient in C++ and/or Python software development
- Familiarity with autonomous vehicle hardware and sensors such as sonar, LIDAR, and cameras
- Demonstrated knowledge of computer vision, sensor fusion, SLAM, motion planning, and/or machine learning techniques
- Experience in a senior perception or planning role for the delivery of a robotic system
- Capacity to act as the technical owner for a software service, including stakeholder engagement, requirements definition, roadmap management, team co-ordination, design, implementation, sustainment and evolution
- Ability to collaborate with stakeholders to define and implement robust validation and verification strategies for perception and planning modules
- Capacity learn and grow individually, while mentoring junior team members effectively, building team cohesion and capacity
- Ability to obtain and maintain an Australian Government Security Clearance
- Experience with autonomous systems in the air, maritime or space domains
- Experience in implementing collision avoidance and/or warning systems
- Experience working on autonomous vehicles with poor or no GPS
- Experience with simulation tools and frameworks, such as Gazebo, Unity, or Unreal Engine, for algorithm validation and testing
- Knowledge of safety standards and certification processes for autonomous systems
- Experience within the product delivery lifecycle including manufacturing, system acceptance, deployment, and sustainment.
- Familiarity with System Engineering concepts
- Desire to learn and grow in to other roles that require experience as a Senior Robotics Engineer, such as Principal Robotics Engineer and/or Engineering Manager
- Desire to grow in to a Tech-Lead-Manager role, with responsibility for line management of engineers, in addition to delivery
The salary range for this role is an estimate based on a wide range of compensation factors, inclusive of base salary only. Actual salary offer may vary based on (but not limited to) work experience, education and/or training, critical skills, and/or business considerations. Highly competitive equity grants are included in all offers; and are considered part of Anduril’s total compensation package. Additionally, Anduril offers top-tier benefits, including comprehensive Medical, Dental, and Vision Plans, employee life and disability, mental health and family planning benefits with all premiums paid by Anduril. Anduril provides fully paid medical leave, paid company holidays, and Paid Time Off. A professional development stipend is available to all Andurilians, and all on-site meals fully subsidized during the work week with gourmet kitchens. The recruiter assigned to this role can share more information about the specific compensation and benefit details associated with this role during the hiring process.
Anduril is an equal-opportunity employer committed to creating a diverse and inclusive workplace. The Anduril team is made up of incredibly talented and unique individuals, who together are disrupting industry norms by creating new paths towards the future of defense technology. All qualified applicants will be treated with respect and receive equal consideration for employment without regard to race, color, creed, religion, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, national origin, disability, uniform service, Veteran status, age, or any other protected characteristic per federal, state, or local law, including those with a criminal history, in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable state and local laws, including the CA Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance. We actively encourage members of recognized minorities, women, Veterans, and those with disabilities to apply, and we work to create a welcoming and supportive environment for all applicants throughout the interview process. If you are someone passionate about working on problems that have a real-world impact, we’d love to hear from you!