Principal Electrical Engineer
Anduril Industries is a defense technology company with a mission to transform U.S. and allied military capabilities with advanced technology. By bringing the expertise, technology, and business model of the 21st century’s most innovative companies to the defense industry, Anduril is changing how military systems are designed, built and sold. Anduril’s family of systems is powered by Lattice OS, an AI-powered operating system that turns thousands of data streams into a realtime, 3D command and control center. As the world enters an era of strategic competition, Anduril is committed to bringing cutting-edge autonomy, AI, computer vision, sensor fusion, and networking technology to the military in months, not years.
At Anduril Australia we are developing unmanned systems for subsurface and other domains that will leverage unsupervised autonomy for the delivery of long endurance, multi-mission capability to our customers. These projects, including but not limited to the Extra Large Autonomous Undersea Vehicle (XL-AUV) Program, require a Principal Electrical Engineer with deep electrical system design experience to architect and deliver critical systems and sub-systems. The Principal Electrical Engineer strives to leverage their experience with Electrical and Power Systems to rapidly architect, design, deliver, support, and evolve next generation autonomous vehicles through the entire product life-cycle.
WHAT YOU’LL DO:
- Drive the development and design of innovative electrical systems and products that meet the unique requirements of our company.
- Lead and mentor a team of electrical engineers, fostering a culture of excellence, collaboration, and continuous improvement.
- Collaborate with cross-functional teams to translate business objectives into clear electrical engineering deliverables.
- Conduct thorough research and analysis to identify emerging electrical technologies and best practices that can enhance our product offerings.
- Create and maintain comprehensive documentation, including design specifications, test procedures, and technical reports.
- Ensure compliance with industry standards, regulations, and safety requirements throughout the product development lifecycle.
- Perform detailed electrical calculations, simulations, and testing to evaluate system performance and optimize efficiency.
- Troubleshoot complex electrical engineering challenges and provide innovative and practical solutions in a rapid development environment.
- Establish project timelines, milestones, and deliverables, managing resources and budgets to achieve successful project outcomes.
- Stay up-to-date with the latest advancements in electrical engineering and proactively apply new knowledge to improve our products.
- Bachelor's or Master's degree in Electrical Engineering or a related field.
- Proven experience in a leadership role within defence, tech or any fast-paced environment, driving successful electrical engineering projects from concept to market launch.
- Deep expertise in electrical engineering principles, techniques, and technologies, with a track record of delivering innovative solutions.
- Proficiency in using industry-standard electrical design and simulation software.
- Excellent leadership skills, with the ability to motivate and mentor a team while fostering a culture of collaboration and innovation.
- Strong project management and organizational abilities, with a demonstrated ability to deliver projects on time and within budget.
- Excellent problem-solving skills, with the ability to think creatively and adapt to diverse and evolving challenges.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills, with the ability to effectively communicate complex technical concepts to both technical and non-technical stakeholders.
- Familiarity with fast paced environment best practices, including agility, adaptability, and the ability to work in a fast-paced and dynamic environment.
- Passion for technology and a curiosity to stay updated with the latest advancements in the industry.
- Ability to obtain and maintain an Australian Government Security Clearance.
- Experience designing electrical and power systems for unmanned vehicles.
- Experience working on defence programs to relevant standards.
The salary range for this role is an estimate based on a wide range of compensation factors, inclusive of base salary only. Actual salary offer may vary based on (but not limited to) work experience, education and/or training, critical skills, and/or business considerations. Highly competitive equity grants are included in all offers; and are considered part of Anduril’s total compensation package. Additionally, Anduril offers top-tier benefits, including comprehensive Medical, Dental, and Vision Plans, employee life and disability, mental health and family planning benefits with all premiums paid by Anduril. Anduril provides fully paid medical leave, paid company holidays, and Paid Time Off. A professional development stipend is available to all Andurilians, and all on-site meals fully subsidized during the work week with gourmet kitchens. The recruiter assigned to this role can share more information about the specific compensation and benefit details associated with this role during the hiring process.
Anduril is an equal-opportunity employer committed to creating a diverse and inclusive workplace. The Anduril team is made up of incredibly talented and unique individuals, who together are disrupting industry norms by creating new paths towards the future of defense technology. All qualified applicants will be treated with respect and receive equal consideration for employment without regard to race, color, creed, religion, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, national origin, disability, uniform service, Veteran status, age, or any other protected characteristic per federal, state, or local law, including those with a criminal history, in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable state and local laws, including the CA Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance. We actively encourage members of recognized minorities, women, Veterans, and those with disabilities to apply, and we work to create a welcoming and supportive environment for all applicants throughout the interview process. If you are someone passionate about working on problems that have a real-world impact, we’d love to hear from you!